• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
You're calculating the total area, they asked for the shaded area.
SHADED AREA. The one in grey-ish color.

You have to subtract the small sector area from big sector area.
yes iv done dat , i missed mentioning that ..but still the answer was diff...can u show the working .plz?

Reaction score
Q The height of a smaller glass is 8cm. The height of the larger glass is 10cm. the top of the largest glass has a circumference of 30cm. Find the circumference of the top of the smaller glass.
Answer is 4/5 please explain me the working.

Reaction score
Q The height of a smaller glass is 8cm. The height of the larger glass is 10cm. the top of the largest glass has a circumference of 30cm. Find the circumference of the top of the smaller glass.
are both the glass similar?

Reaction score

Inadequate information. You didn't quote the exact words of the question.

But keep one thing in mind.
Any two solids which are similar, have the same ratio of corresponding lengths.
Like if two cylinders are similar to each other, the ratio of their bottom circumferences will be equal to the ratio of their radius, and the ratio of their height.

But the ratio of their volume will be the cube of the ratio of their corresponding lengths.

Reaction score

4/5 can never be possible. You are telling us the ratio of the height 8/10=4/5.
Through ratio method the answer is 24.
Through another method I applied the answer is 16.
One of the above answer is the solution you are looking for.

Reaction score
yes iv done dat , i missed mentioning that ..but still the answer was diff...can u show the working .plz?

area of total sector= 45/360 x pi x 3^2 = 9pi/8
area of unshaded region = 45/360 x pi x 2^2 = 4pi/8
area of shaded region= 9pi/8 - 4pi/8 = 5pi/8

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can anyone please share with me notes on Angle Properties of Circles. Its way to difficult >.<
I can't even solve a single Q.
Anyone?

Reaction score
Can anyone please share with me notes on Angle Properties of Circles. Its way to difficult >.<
I can't even solve a single Q.
Anyone?

You can read this pdf for some helpful tips,and on pg 11 you can find the tips on circles :)

Attachments

• Formula book 2009(3rd Edition).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
You can read this pdf for some helpful tips,and on pg 11 you can find the tips on circles :)
btw have you got any detailed notes on this topic?
Although i know all the properties but still i'm not able to solve Qs of this topic :( (?_?)