• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths 9709

Reaction score
Hi, Im going to be giving my AS exams in Karachi, and I just wanted to ask if the Casio fx-991 ES calculator is allowed?

Reaction score
Yeah I guess.... Everyone has that these days.... I have this older one... Love it!!!! Casio fx-991s Others can't use mine properly, they don't find it easy... :p While I don't find therez (new ones) easy... :p

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I hope it's allowed too (just take an extra calculator with you just in case).

msk

Reaction score
its totally allowed if any one asks u to write down his model number write it on the question paper! no worries :D

Reaction score
ES series... i have a 82 ES and on the paper that accompanied my time table for June exams..its mentioned that
we cannot use calculators with symbolic algebraic manipulations..
so do we have the right to use it ??????????

Reaction score
Djoyakim said:
ES series... i have a 82 ES and on the paper that accompanied my time table for June exams..its mentioned that
we cannot use calculators with symbolic algebraic manipulations..
so do we have the right to use it ??????????

Then certainly one should not... When its mentioned...

Reaction score
well if it can solve diffrential equations or integration questions, plz do carry an extra one! u never know when they dont allow u to use that calculator!

Reaction score
Ummm... The guideline says it must be purely numerical integration/ differentiation.... Not the symbolic integration/ differentiation...

Reaction score
The Fx-991 ms and es both solve numerical integration and differentiation so it is allowed. I have used Fx-991ms and my friends have used Fx-991es in their mathematics papers. And we wrote the same model number on our papers. That never effected our results for sure. But to remain on the safe side take a Fx-82ms along.

Reaction score
fx-82ES is allowed in the exam I think... At least allowed every time I attend. It would not matter since even 85ES is accepted.

Reaction score
Yes they are... They don't have the option for symbolic algebra or differentiation or integration....