• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths 2012 Paper 22

Reaction score
What did you guys get for the shear matrix? The shear factor was 2. but the matrix i got was like

(1 3).
(0 2)

I got this by Multiplying the Original triangle Cordinates with (a b).
(c d)

So it was like- (2 3) * (a b)= (4 5)
(1 1) (c d) (1 1)

Am i correct? And also for the first quuestion the TRINGNOMETRY one, what was the answer for exatcly 2 lines of symmetry? and the one with Y varies directly as the ^2 of (x-3) what was the constant? i got 0.25.

Reaction score
What did you guys get for the shear matrix? The shear factor was 2. but the matrix i got was like

(1 3).
(0 2)

I got this by Multiplying the Original triangle Cordinates with (a b).
(c d)

So it was like- (2 3) * (a b)= (4 5)
(1 1) (c d) (1 1)

Am i correct? And also for the first quuestion the TRINGNOMETRY one, what was the answer for exatcly 2 lines of symmetry? and the one with Y varies directly as the ^2 of (x-3) what was the constant? i got 0.25.
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
well..the shear factor was 2
and the 2nd part was
8516.jpg
for second question...the first part was 'I' and the second one was 'I' and 'N'
i think yeah...it was 0.25..what was the final answer? may be i remember it after that :p

Reaction score
But are you sure the K is 0.25? cause the answer only carries 1 marks, the rest is K and working. Some people got K as 4. The answer was same But the K was diff. My formula was (x-3)^2 = ky
well...that's for sure, the answer wasn't 4...i don't remember exactly but it was '0.' something! :p

Reaction score
I think it was 0.25
it cant be because if u see both line were parallel so the value of c was given for both lines and c was half of the other c e.g c=10 in the line given with gradient and other was 5 and y=8 other was y=4 so its half the gradient given was 5 so it will be 2.5