• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Q1 why did we take negaive 0.32 and 0.28 it should be only 0.32 right?

Attachments

• Untitled32.jpg
    Untitled32.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
can some one help please.. im really confused on when to take the weight component of an object into consideration because sometimes i use it where im nt supposed to and sometimes i dont use where im supposed to use it. For example I didnt know that we need to use it in s14 p43 Q2 (what i mean by the weight component is the gravity force exerted on the mass of the object at an inclined plane which is usually calculated by mgSin(Theta) )

Reaction score
can some one help please.. im really confused on when to take the weight component of an object into consideration because sometimes i use it where im nt supposed to and sometimes i dont use where im supposed to use it. For example I didnt know that we need to use it in s14 p43 Q2 (what i mean by the weight component is the gravity force exerted on the mass of the object at an inclined plane which is usually calculated by mgSin(Theta) )
:confused:

Reaction score
Always use it when you are using newton's second law ( Fnet = ma)

View attachment 53489 Q3 explanation please?
i)V = P/F
If P increases, V increases, so Vb = 1.2* 28
If F decreases then V increases, so Vb = (1.2 * 28)/0.96 (multiplying by 0.96 will decrease V, so it's divided)

ii)Work done by Driving force + Loss = Work done by resistive force + gain
WD + 0 = (2.3 * 10^6) + (.5)(200000)(35^2-28^2)

Reaction score
doubt.jpg
Always use it when you are using newton's second law ( Fnet = ma)

i)V = P/F
If P increases, V increases, so Vb = 1.2* 28
If F decreases then V increases, so Vb = (1.2 * 28)/0.96 (multiplying by 0.96 will decrease V, so it's divided)

ii)Work done by Driving force + Loss = Work done by resistive force + gain
WD + 0 = (2.3 * 10^6) + (.5)(200000)(35^2-28^2)
thank you bhai :)
doubt.jpg

Reaction score
P4 MJ 06 Q5 (i) .... I SERIOUSLY DON'T GET IT! -freaking out-
Tension on both sides of the pulley is same, so the right angle can be split into 2 45 degree angles. If you resolve one of these, it's Tcos45.
Since there are 2 of these, the resultant is equal to 2Tcos45
2Tcos45 =4sqrt2

Reaction score
How do we calculate V for the first part?
Ive uploaded mark scheme as well

i saw the mark scheme but it was pretty confusing can anyone please tell me how to form an equation as well?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
How do we calculate V for the first part?
Ive uploaded mark scheme as well

i saw the mark scheme but it was pretty confusing can anyone please tell me how to form an equation as well?

Driving force = P/V
P/V - Fr = ma
30000/Vinitial - 12500(30/500) - 1000 = 1250(4)
and
30000/Vfinal -12500(30/500) - 1000 = 1250(0.2)