• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
guys i dont know which sign to put while its asked (in which interval f(x) is increasing and decreasing...please explain through these questions
1. 32x^2 - 2x^4
2 x^3 - 3X^2 +3X - 1

PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Reaction score
(Question related to M1)
Two equal forces: R= (2) (F1) (cos(theta/2)) (note: F1=F2)
can anyone explain how did the normal cosine rule change to this form when we have 2 equal forces ?

Reaction score
Hello. Im currently studying applications to differentiation and a question came out in which I have doubts about:
A curve is such that dy/dx= x^1/2 - x^-1/2
The curve passes through the point (4, 2/3)

Question: Find the coordinates of the stationary point and determine its nature.

I know that I have to equal the derived function to 0 however I don't know how to find the x-values, some basis that I have a lack with.
Can someone help me out plz?

Thank you

Reaction score
Hello. Im currently studying applications to differentiation and a question came out in which I have doubts about:
A curve is such that dy/dx= x^1/2 - x^-1/2
The curve passes through the point (4, 2/3)

Question: Find the coordinates of the stationary point and determine its nature.

I know that I have to equal the derived function to 0 however I don't know how to find the x-values, some basis that I have a lack with.
Can someone help me out plz?

Thank you
Check your inbox