• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u just have to find the binomial expansion up to the x^2 term. I think these other details are just to confuse coz if u look at the answer then it is given till the x^2 term so just a matter of expanding binomially.
Did u try expanding and failed to get the answer?

Reaction score
loll yeah u r right man! Even I had been watching the vids on exam solutions and they were really beneficial but I think I got a bit complacent for this paper after I found mechanics to not be too hard So I have myself to blame really nd I Thot id be the only one who found it hard...
Bt anyways lets just hope and pray that the threshold is lowered.
Best wishes everyone!! I don't believe in luck so won't say best of luck! (;

Reaction score
32c7913a1c.2fb2b9789f.LTyYLc.jpg

solve it if you can.
just for practice.

Reaction score
32c7913a1c.2fb2b9789f.LTyYLc.jpg

solve it if you can.
just for practice.
You seriously don't know? :eek:
Consider the triangle ABC. AC = BC = 6, while AB can be found by noting that it is twice the perpendicular distance from A to X, where I'm calling O the centre of the hexagon and X the midpoint of DO. AX will be 3 √3 / 2, so AB = 3 √3.

Now consider the triangle CAX. Crucially, < CAX = arccos (3 √3 / 2 x 6) = arccos (√3 / 4).

Therefore < CAD = arccos (√3 / 4) - 60 (because < DAO is of course 60°), and now we're able to work out the area of sector CAF using its radius of 6. From this we need to take the area of triangle CAD, which by the area sine rule is 3 (6) (sin < CAD). Now you can complete to find the final answer.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I actually got really nervous for the test in the first hour (I didn't even get whole number answer for the polynomials! When I practiced I usually got whole numbers), so I just do what I can till number 10, skipping numbers if I can't do it. At 3 o' clock I already finished no 10 (of course since I got nervous I skipped tons of numbers), so then I went back to the numbers that I can't do, and magically I suddenly can do most of the questions, including the aforementioned polynomial; I just noticed that I calculated them wrong. (Big thanks to God!) Thankfully when I checked my answers with my friend who studied at another school, (Yep they also took exam at the same centre as me), many of the answers were similar to one another... I was really careless on the trapezium rule though, and also the first part of the vector I can't find the answer.... (Sorry everyone I don't mean to brag....)

guyzz i m going nuts becoz i found the paper really easy
either i m goin to get 70+ or i m surely failin.......:sick:

Wow!!! Congrats to you then!! Hope you can reach your target!

Reaction score
I actually got really nervous for the test in the first hour (I didn't even get whole number answer for the polynomials! When I practiced I usually got whole numbers), so I just do what I can till number 10, skipping numbers if I can't do it. At 3 o' clock I already finished no 10 (of course since I got nervous I skipped tons of numbers), so then I went back to the numbers that I can't do, and magically I suddenly can do most of the questions, including the aforementioned polynomial; I just noticed that I calculated them wrong. (Big thanks to God!) Thankfully when I checked my answers with my friend who studied at another school, (Yep they also took exam at the same centre as me), many of the answers were similar to one another... I was really careless on the trapezium rule though, and also the first part of the vector I can't find the answer.... (Sorry everyone I don't mean to brag....)

Wow!!! Congrats to you then!! Hope you can reach your target!
hope so........