• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What if I lose upto 15 in mechanics? N 7 in p1 can I get A? I am in AS
i think u can... i mean if u only lose 7 in P1 then u can easily get an A.... or even if u lose like around 10 i think... it depends on the gt
and A in p1 and a B/even a bordeline C in M1 can prob score a borderline A... *optimism* ^__^ :p Good Luck... and pray for us all :)

Reaction score
See they have asked for the expected profit and in stats when the word expected comes its obvious to use the formula for E(X)
known as mean. So first find the profits possible and there r only two ways, first there is a revenue or no revenue at all. So we know the prob. of getting more than one fail wich is 0.264. Now find prob. Of less than or equal to 1 fail 1-0.264
With revenue profit is (450x10)-(24x20)= 4020
No revenue 0-(24x20)= -480
Now multiply the profits with their respective probabilities 4020x(1-0.264) and -480x0.264
Add both u get the answer.

Reaction score
i think u can... i mean if u only lose 7 in P1 then u can easily get an A.... or even if u lose like around 10 i think... it depends on the gt
and A in p1 and a B/even a bordeline C in M1 can prob score a borderline A... *optimism* ^__^ :p Good Luck... and pray for us all :)
thank you, I think gt for mechanics will be fairly low due time so fingers crossed.