• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me (with diagram) how to do Q9(ii) please?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 9709_s07_qp_3.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 9709_s07_ms_3.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score

10 ii , Apply Scalar vector formula.
a *b = IaI * IbI Cos AoB

10 iii , you have OC and OA since its a parallelogram than OA=BC and OC =AB so
calculate the magnitude of OA and OC and add it and multiply by 2 that will calculate the perimenter

Q1 . Apply Tr+1 = nCr (a)^ n-r * (b)^r

Q2 apply chain rule . " y y x upon t, x , t

Q3 Simply sketch a rough .. Draw x and y axis and table method. e.g at x=1 , x=2 etc and plot it.. not to be accurate but precise as it says "sketch"
and its last part.. Integrate "Formula is V= Pie ∫ (y^2) dx . Just enter the sketch wali equation and enter in this formula. Integrate it like use to and give answer in Pie as said in question

Reaction score
Help.

Part 2 only. guide me how to simplify it. dont take out the angle..Just do it till the basic angle.
Written will be most preferred.

6428238871.png

Suchal Riaz
AbbbbY

Reaction score
Help.

Part 2 only. guide me how to simplify it. dont take out the angle..Just do it till the basic angle.
Written will be most preferred.

6428238871.png

Suchal Riaz
AbbbbY

1/(sin^2A - cos^2A) = 3
1 = 3sin^2A - 3cos^2A
sin^2A + cos^2A = 3 sin^2A - 3cos^2A
4cos^2A = 2sin^A
tan^2A = 2
Solve for A. Remember to get both, the + and the - values.
Let me know if this doesn't make sense to you.

Reaction score
I´ll post this once, once, again...

I´ve got a question and would appreciate some help.

For Q9(i), if you are trying to find the normal to the plane using vector product, why if you do AC x AB or CA x BA you get a wrong answer, but if you use any other two vectors, you get the correct normal to the plane? The only difference for the normal to the plane I get using AC x AB or CA x BA is a minus sign for the k coordinate, instead of a positive one (just asking this in the case someone knows an explanation for it).

I would also like if someone could clarify me how to use vector product correctly, ie. what requisites should the vectors you are going to use for vector product have?

ALSO, how do you do Q9(ii).

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 9709_s07_qp_3.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 9709_s07_ms_3.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
I´ll post this once, once, again...

I´ve got a question and would appreciate some help.

For Q9(i), if you are trying to find the normal to the plane using vector product, why if you do AC x AB or CA x BA you get a wrong answer, but if you use any other two vectors, you get the correct normal to the plane? The only difference for the normal to the plane I get using AC x AB or CA x BA is a minus sign for the k coordinate, instead of a positive one (just asking this in the case someone knows an explanation for it).

I would also like if someone could clarify me how to use vector product correctly, ie. what requisites should the vectors you are going to use for vector product have?

ALSO, how do you do Q9(ii).

Thank you in advance.
yar A cross B
and b cross A are both acceptable...

Reaction score
yar A cross B
and b cross A are both acceptable...

Have you read what I wrote? :( I dont get why i get a WRONG answer using AC x AB or CA x BA, but if you use any other two vectors, you get the correct normal to the plane. :(

Reaction score
10 ii , Apply Scalar vector formula.
a *b = IaI * IbI Cos AoB

10 iii , you have OC and OA since its a parallelogram than OA=BC and OC =AB so
calculate the magnitude of OA and OC and add it and multiply by 2 that will calculate the perimenter

Q1 . Apply Tr+1 = nCr (a)^ n-r * (b)^r

Q2 apply chain rule . " y y x upon t, x , t

Q3 Simply sketch a rough .. Draw x and y axis and table method. e.g at x=1 , x=2 etc and plot it.. not to be accurate but precise as it says "sketch"
and its last part.. Integrate "Formula is V= Pie ∫ (y^2) dx . Just enter the sketch wali equation and enter in this formula. Integrate it like use to and give answer in Pie as said in question
Question 10 ii and iii I can do now

1, 2 I can't do it just by that, can you show me how to do it on paper
And for 3 I keep getting a negative answer can you do that too?