• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Sorry...
Just made a tiny mistake...
It is
zz* -2iz* + .....=0

Does the +12 suddenly turn into a -12? Anyways, I know how to do that part, but thanks anyways! ^^ I wanted you to do the Hence show part (the one with the = 4 )

Reaction score
naa it was nothing we just had to find the shortest distance and i just couldnt figure out that it was the perpendicular distance and the the one with the longest |z| is an issosceles triangle so two sides = same value

Reaction score
It is given that 3-i is a root of the quadratic equation z^2-(a+bi)z+4(1+3i)=0, where a and b are real. Find a and b?

Reaction score
1.png

Can someone do this question for me please? Its confusing to me
Its 9709_w13_qp_12.pdf Question 2)i)

Answer is 1.2 Pie or 3.77 radians

Link if needed:http://maxpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9709_w13_qp_1.pdf (Page 6)

Thanks in advance. :)

asd

Reaction score
Here is Q8(i):

I´ll upload Q8(ii) soon.
This is always so confusing. How do you know what theyre asking for when they say the smallest value for |z|? like where does the shortest distance from arg(z-u) to the origin come from? Also, what if they asked for the largest value for |z|? What is z? where do I plot z on the argand diagram? is it the origin?

Reaction score
Hei sumeru .I got it until the part u write down.What should i do next?
I dont know how to continue.Can u help me man.Very sorry.Very blur in maths.Thanks...

Last edited: