• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I'm not getting the correct answer for question 1 ... although I used the exact method as given in the ms....
It's pretty simple reallyy... only if someone cud show the calculations bcz maybeI'm making an error there....

thankss...

Attachments

• hfhg.png
    hfhg.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 13
  • hfhg.png
    hfhg.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
I'm not getting the correct answer for question 1 ... although I used the exact method as given in the ms....
It's pretty simple reallyy... only if someone cud show the calculations bcz maybeI'm making an error there....

thankss...
image.jpg
I had my calculator on gra so my D was wrong. Then i switched to deg and answer was right. That might be the case with you.

Reaction score
Solve the inequality I x I < I 5 + 2x I
I got two values to x as -5 and -5/3 and they are right ,
but how to make the inequalities finally

Reaction score
Solve the inequality I x I < I 5 + 2x I
I got two values to x as -5 and -5/3 and they are right ,
but how to make the inequalities finally
X<-5 and x>-5/3 if ur answer was right.
I just made a rough sketch to identify the region(s) required.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Reaction score
The random variable X has the distribution B (12, 0.2) .

a) Calculate P( X ≤ 1 )

b) Find the smallest value of x such that P ( X ≤ x) > 0.7

Can anyone solve part b ?? I need help asap :confused::(

Reaction score
I would like to know the answer to this as well.. How many marks is it worth and which year/paper mate?
Hello mate
The exact question(7) of this O/N 2005 was:
" 2x^3 + x^2 + 25 = 0 has one real root and two complex roots. verify that 1+2i is one of the complex roots"
yes, I know how to verify. But instead if the question was asked "what are the complex and real roots of this equation?" Then, what should I do? :)

Have a great year of the horses. Shine with love and loyalty in life

X and Y are related by x^n y = c
When we form equation it should be : nlogx +logy = logc

But in marking scheme they use (( ln )) instead of log ! how comes ?
You can write anything! This is because it is not specified in the question if it is base-e , or base 10 :)

Reaction score
Hello mate
" 2x^3 + x^2 + 25 = 0 has one real root and two complex roots. verify that 1+2i is one of the complex roots"
yes, I know how to verify. But instead if the question was asked "what are the complex and real roots of this equation?" Then, what should I do? :)

You can write anything! This is because it is not specified in the question if it is base-e , or base 10 :)

Ah gotcha.. So the question you asked was off-topic.. *relief* Well I'll look it up for ya and answer you tomorrow of day after tomorrow..

Cheers

Reaction score
hi guys I need help... how can i get above (45/50 in S1 & M1) and (65/75 in P1 and P3) when practicing past papers... cause so far when I practice past papers I'm only getting (20/50 in S1), (35/50 in M1), (55/75 in P1) and (42/75 in P3)...please guys I need help

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone assist me with good P3 notes on the topics Complex number, Differentiation, Integration and Vectors....I'm really in need of the noteso_O

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello mate

can you explain the process o verification please :p

Reaction score
O5SAvjD.png

Could someone please help me with part (iii) of the question? Its kinda urgent
The answer to part(ii) is √20sin(theta + 63.43)
Thanks