• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
q.4(ii) .. initial value is not given so choose eg, pi/4 and plug it in the equation given .
then you 1.32 ( radians measure ) , plug this in equation and you get value , and plug in eqn again till you get a constant value of 1.33.

q.5(ii) we got dy/dx = 2sin^2 t *cos^2 t .. so to find gradient of tangent we need to substitute t value in dy/dx ..
we are given x - value ( 0 ) .. so find t value by substituting x=o in x=ln(tant) ,, we get t =1/4 pi .
. substitute in dy/dx to get gradient of tanget .. so get gradient = 0.5 .. use y=mx +c to find C .. hence you get eqn .

q.7(b) for |z| < 2 draw circle with centre at origin and radius =2
for |z − 2 − 2i|. arrange to make z - ( ... ) so becomes z - ( 2 +2i ) .. draw at 2+2i ..real 2 and imaginery 2 ..and join to origin ...

thats where i can help

ooh so we can use any value of x in Q4??

and umm i didn't quite get the 7th question.... i got the circle part ... but wen u rearranged the second equation where is the |z| in :
|z|<|z-2-2i|

?? u just aaranged the r.h.s .... is this a perpendicular bisector or a half line?? I'm sorry but i'm really out of practice with the p3

Thanks a lot for the help!! :)

Reaction score
ooh yeah okay.... take your time... i got the answer to a couple of questions already (see above) :p
buss saturday ko paper hai uss se pehley if possible to bata dena :)
otherwise... ah well fail to hona hi hai mocks mein :p

Reaction score
Complex numbers question.
I would like some help with understanding how to interpret these three points and place them on a diagram, and perhaps then calculating the area of the thus formed triangle.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 37097

Reaction score
ooh yeah okay.... take your time... i got the answer to a couple of questions already (see above) :p
buss saturday ko paper hai uss se pehley if possible to bata dena :)
otherwise... ah well fail to hona hi hai mocks mein :p
haha not possible i am knee seep in trouble -_- stupid computing

Reaction score
Hey, can anyone solve this Statistics 1 question number 9 on Discrete Random Variables question please?

Attachments

• 20140319_144527.jpg
    20140319_144527.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reaction score
I would like some help with understanding how to interpret these three points and place them on a diagram, and perhaps then calculating the area of the thus formed triangle.

Reaction score

From what I've understood...
W lies in 1st quadrant i.e pi/4.
W^3 lies in 2 quad i.e 3pi/4
W* lies in. 4th quadrant ie -pi/4

Not sure how to calculate area of triangle
But I guess simply by finding the length of the sides...and plugging them in the formulae .

Reaction score
Can someone plz plz help me with this question
9709/03/O/N/07
Question 10 part 1.
Plz explain how to convert normal equation into Cartesian form!
Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Guyz I need your preferance in terms of Calculators in Mathematics D version exams, I am appearing this time....
A, Which calculator you prefer (must contain all required features) ?
B, How much would it cost?
C, Where in Karachi I can buy it?

Thanks in advance...