• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
here's one i didn't quite get, i found F and α (afta squeezing mah brain :confused:) then i looked at the marks scheme paper and saw the alternative solution for α, which is
tan(α – 45) = 5/6 or tan(135-α) = 6/5 ,,,, can someone tell me how did we get the 45 or 135 angles EXACTLY, i know how to continue after that and all

Attachments

• Mechanics 1.jpg
    Mechanics 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Heyy... can u pleaase solve the highlighted part or just tell me how to solve them....

A star

Attachments

• 9709_s11_qp_32.pdf
    105.8 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
wow soo many of them and i am as stumped as you are let me try them first
yeah it was a riot -_-
i was like #)$*#@)%()$@!&%!@#)$( through the whole paper X_X It felt like i was doing p3 for the first friggin time... i've forgotten everrrything!!! :O :O :O

yeah sure.... take ur time =)

Reaction score
Heyy... can u pleaase solve the highlighted part or just tell me how to solve them....

A star
q.4(ii) .. initial value is not given so choose eg, pi/4 and plug it in the equation given .
then you 1.32 ( radians measure ) , plug this in equation and you get value , and plug in eqn again till you get a constant value of 1.33.

q.5(ii) we got dy/dx = 2sin^2 t *cos^2 t .. so to find gradient of tangent we need to substitute t value in dy/dx ..
we are given x - value ( 0 ) .. so find t value by substituting x=o in x=ln(tant) ,, we get t =1/4 pi .
. substitute in dy/dx to get gradient of tanget .. so get gradient = 0.5 .. use y=mx +c to find C .. hence you get eqn .

q.7(b) for |z| < 2 draw circle with centre at origin and radius =2
for |z − 2 − 2i|. arrange to make z - ( ... ) so becomes z - ( 2 +2i ) .. draw at 2+2i ..real 2 and imaginery 2 ..and join to origin ...

thats where i can help

Reaction score
Complex numbers question.
I would like some help with understanding how to interpret these three points and place them on a diagram, and perhaps then calculating the area of the thus formed triangle.

Thanks in advance. 9790-Paper33-W13.JPG

Reaction score
yeah it was a riot -_-
i was like #)$*#@)%()$@!&%!@#)$( through the whole paper X_X It felt like i was doing p3 for the first friggin time... i've forgotten everrrything!!! :O :O :O
Yar sorry stupid xpc didnt seem yo work. I have a project to submit by next week!!!

yeah sure.... take ur time =)