• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Dude, just multiply your two answers from part i) to get one quadratic factor and find the other one by (Ax^2 + Bx + C) inspection.
That is, the roots you get in i) are 1 - √2 i and 1 + √2 i. So the factors become (x-1+√2 i)(x-1-√2 i). You multiply the brackets and you'll see everything in terms of 'i' gets cancelled to give you a quadratic factor of x^2 - 2x +3.

If you still don't get it, let me know I'll post a screenshot.
I get! Thanks a lot man! :)

Reaction score
Hey, you switched your axis! You put the imaginary one in the real one!
OMGG THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL!!
When I add ninety degrees because now the Angle is in the second quadrant I get the right answer! Thanks!!

Reaction score
InshaAllah :)

What's driving me insane is, what in the world were they thinking sticking maths and chemistry in one day? And Stats and physics p4 two days later? They're HUGE papers- it's like they WANT us to do bad.

This meme makes SO much sense now:
3r7et2.jpg

Reaction score
What's driving me insane is, what in the world were they thinking sticking maths and chemistry in one day? And Stats and physics p4 two days later? They're HUGE papers- it's like they WANT us to do bad.

This meme makes SO much sense now:
3r7et2.jpg
I KNOW RITE !!!
i am sleep deprived :p
you know CIE ! always in the torturing mood xD
its like they get peace when they see us in pain xD

Reaction score
i have a feeling a question of this type is coming tomorrow..pls can someone fully explain it question 10 second part

this is functions bro ....
P(x) = x^2 + 2x +3
P(1) = 1 + 2 + 3 = 6
p(x^2) = (x^2)^2 + 2 (x^2) + 3

now try to do that question
hope yu get it . ....

Reaction score
The paper being too hard is not so good sometimes !
Because in the exam hall, you might get confused and you are stressed ! Then, you start messing around ! :s
yeah ik but being so easy is the worst because i am one of these dudes who can make so many silly mistakes because of exam stress lol

Reaction score
this is functions bro ....
P(x) = x^2 + 2x +3
P(1) = 1 + 2 + 3 = 6
p(x^2) = (x^2)^2 + 2 (x^2) + 3

now try to do that question
hope yu get it . ....
no bro i didn't get it :/ can u show the solution of this question..only the last part pls

Reaction score
yeah ik but being so easy is the worst because i am one of these dudes who can make so many silly mistakes because of exam stress lol
Agreed ! same here !
Lets hope the paper gonna be average, Insha Allah ! :)

Reaction score
Hi all, I would please like to know the solution of question 4 in this paper. I just reached that point where I should leave the question or I will cause myself problem. Thanks in advance :)
cosec2@ = sec@ + cot @
so,
1/sin2@ =(1/cos@) + (cos@/sin@)
1/sin2@ = (sin@ + cos^2@)/(cos@sin@)
1/sin2@ = [sin@ +(1- sin^2@)]/ (cos@sin@)
1/sin2@ = (sin@+1- sin^2@)/(cos@sin@)
i am multiplying right hand side with (2/2) so,

1/sin2@ = 2(sin@+1-sin^2@)/2sin@cos@
1/sin2@ = 2(sin@+1-sin^2@) / sin2@
sin2@ gets cancelled out therefore we are left with:
1 = 2(sin@+1-sin^2@)
1 = 2sin@ +2 - 2sin^2@
2sin^2@ - 2sin@ -1 = 0
now u can find the angle (y)