• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Btw do you know how to upload pictures rather than giving the url?
Yeah if you want to upload a picture from your computer, there is button on the right besides *Post Reply* for that. Other wise you could also insert and image by pasting it's URL in the box that appears when you click this tree sort of image above that reads Insert/edit image.

Reaction score
Yeah if you want to upload a picture from your computer, there is button on the right besides *Post Reply* for that. Other wise you could also insert and image by pasting it's URL in the box that appears when you click this tree sort of image above that reads Insert/edit image.

Ohh thank you :D

Reaction score
Any one can solve this for me?

Attachments

• IMG-20130510-00070.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20130510-00071.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Any one can solve this for me?
You were doing it right, but your answer's incomplete yet.
After what you did, use equations from y and z simultaneously to find s and t.
-1+s = 2+t 4-s = 1+t
-1 +s = 2+3-s <-- t = 3-s
s= 3
this gives t = 3-3 = 0. This is different from what the previous two equations gave, hence the lines do not intersect.
(Had the been intersecting, you'd get s and t from both comparisons same.)

Reaction score
You were doing it right, but your answer's incomplete yet.
After what you did, use equations from y and z simultaneously to find s and t.
-1+s = 2+t 4-s = 1+t
-1 +s = 2+3-s <-- t = 3-s
s= 3
this gives t = 3-3 = 0. This is different from what the previous two equations gave, hence the lines do not intersect.
(Had the been intersecting, you'd get s and t from both comparisons same.)

Are you sure? Because mark scheme said all three component should not be satisfied. =/

Reaction score
the fastest way is to use lami's rule to get the angle opposite to P1 then get the angle AP1X using subtraction from 360 degrees, then lami again to get the value of W.

Sorry to bother you but can you please solve it for me ? I didn't get you..

Reaction score
Question 5) no 2 , can you explain the work energy principle here? I dont understand why the work done against friction is negative, and why the ke loss is greater than the pe gain? How do I figure out when the loss is greater than the gain to be precise.

Attachments

• 9709_s10_qp_41.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Question 5) no 2 , can you explain the work energy principle here? I dont understand why the work done against friction is negative, and why the ke loss is greater than the pe gain? How do I figure out when the loss is greater than the gain to be precise.

There was a loss in KE because the speed decreased from 3 to 0. And there was a gain in PE because it moved from a lower point to a point of greater height. What I did for this question was:
Work done by driving force is 0.
Work done by driving force= Gain in PE + Work done against resistance - Loss in in KE.
(Whenever there's a gain we add and when there's a loss we subtract. This above formula always works for me)
0= PE + 0.39 - 1.35.
PE= 1.35-0.39= 0.96
mgh=0.96
0.3x10xh=0.96
h=0.32

Reaction score
ok guys heres the deal
6 ii 5 students sit anywhere by the window... 5! =120
3 business men sit anywhere= 3!= 6
now for the married couples... there are 2 couples =2 two seats each =2 and 3 seats remaining for each couple =3p2
3p2 *2*2= 24
5!=120
3!=6

24*6*120 = 17280

Somethings of this question which bother me. There are 9 window seats total. 1 Occupied by Business guy.. so 8 left.

3 of those remaining seats coincide with those where the couples might sit.. So what about that? What we're doing here is just making sense of the mark scheme.. but if you take it practically then that would be wrong.. to not consider the two points which I mentioned.

Reaction score
Guys. can anyone please tell me or give me some links that can help me in p4 mechanics 1. Thanks. May Allah Grant everyone great Grades In Sha Allah.