• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If anyone gets the Question Paper.. link it to me. whenever you get it... 1 week after 2 week after.. I want to get it solved by my teacher so that I can confirm my working for the questions.

Reaction score
Question 7 was horrible! not ever came in past papers since 2001... Only Add math students were able to understand the half question but time was short. Q11 was very easy :D.. Further paper all after the break...... Wish all of you good luck!

Reaction score
Question 7 was horrible! not ever came in past papers since 2001... Only Add math students were able to understand the half question but time was short. Q11 was very easy as integration of curve + integration of line BC. Where C was (2,0) :D.. Further paper all after the break...... Wish all of you good luck!
dude dont post answer it is not allowed :O

Reaction score
Q3)
i) Perimeter of sector = ½(Perimeter of rectangle)
2r + rx = 4a
Sinx = a/r
a = rSinx
2r + rx = 4(rSinx)
2 + x = 4Sinx
Sinx = ¼(2 + x)

ii) x1 = 0.8
x2 = 0.7754
x3 = 0.7668
x4 = 0.7638
x5 = 0.7628
x6 = 0.7625

x = 0.76 (2 dp)

Q4)
i)
q4eGgvM.png

ii) tan²x + (6√3)tanx - 5 = 0
Let y = tanx
y² + (6√3)y - 5 = 0

Now you have to use quadratic formula. I am sure you can do that!

thnx a lot... i didnt c tht msg... :p :)
thnk u so much!

Reactions: Dug
Reaction score
I need help in this too. It's driving me mad. What I would do I would draw it out on a graph paper, and count the boxes. *dead*

Reaction score
Can someone help me in question 6 of this paper: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w12_qp_62.pdf

I don't understand these type of questions. How do we tell if two events are independent from each other?

It is stated in the question that the die is "fair" which means that each event has an equal chance of occurring. If the die would have been "biased" then some events would have a greater chance of occurring from others. But it still wouldn't affect the outcome of the other events. Meaning the events are independent.

The events being independent means that one outcome doesn't affect the next outcome.