• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if i had my scanner working .... i would scan it .... i got a book ... and i am SURE it will come this year ... and saay i didnt tell u !!
well i cant understand but just tell me which paper it belongs to as it looks like pure stats and mechanics :/

Reaction score
so no one knew how to solve the question !!!
as i said it was challenging

The answer equation you have given is incorrect or you are missing something out of the question..

if T1 = 2 , then T2 = 2*0.75 or not? Just answer me this. If it is Then what I have done is correct.

Verify this for me.
a = 2
r = 3/4
n = n ?

a)
Sn = a(1-r^n)/1-r
Sn = 2(1-0.75^n)/1-0.75
Sn = 2-2(0.75^n)/0.25
Sn = 8-8(0.75^n)

b)
Sinf = a/1-r
Sinf = 2/1-0.75
Sinf = 8
Can't be greater than 8.

Reaction score
The answer equation you have given is incorrect or you are missing something out of the question..

if T1 = 2 , then T2 = 2*0.75 or not? Just answer me this. If it is Then what I have done is correct.

Verify this for me.
a = 2
r = 3/4
n = n ?

a)
Sn = a(1-r^n)/1-r
Sn = 2(1-0.75^n)/1-0.75
Sn = 2-2(0.75^n)/0.25
Sn = 8-8(0.75^n)

b)
Sinf = a/1-r
Sinf = 2/1-0.75
Sinf = 8
Can't be greater than 8.
your very fist step is incorrect !!!
T2 will be 2*2*0.75 ... as it goesdown and re robounds ... exacly like mecahnice when it goes to max height

Reaction score
T2 will be 2*2*0.75 ... as it goesdown and re robounds ... exacly like mecahnice when it goes to max height
yes the same point struck me from the bigening but coulnt apply it to the equation to get the answer

Reaction score

See, I don't have mechanics so I don't know that. If it were simple GP it would have been solved the way i was doing. Now it includes M1 stuff and I don't have M1 so I don't think it would be coming in the paper since some people opt for S1 and S2 and are Commerce students and have never studied physics at all...

Reaction score
See, I don't have mechanics so I don't know that. If it were simple GP it would have been solved the way i was doing. Now it includes M1 stuff and I don't have M1 so I don't think it would be coming in the paper since some people opt for S1 and S2 and are Commerce students and have never studied physics at all...
yes but no harm in attempting it

Reaction score
BRO ITS P1 ONLY ... but it has got a relationship with m1 ,,, there is a big chance of it coming as i said before

Reaction score
BRO ITS P1 ONLY ... but it has got a relationship with m1 ,,, there is a big chance of it coming as i said before

Like I said before. Not everyone has studied physics before, I have never seen a question like this in maths before, apart from mensuration (area/volume formulae) which requires some extent of basic physics knowledge.

Commerce students with S1/S2 will be at a disadvantage with a question like this. that's all that I am saying.

It can't be solved with a simple AP/GP formula. since what we use to calculate terms is a(r^n-1) while in this it becomes 2*a(r^n-1)

while for sum it is Sn=a(1-r^n)/1-r .. For this It can't be used .. No matter how many changes you make.

2(1.75-2(0.75^n)/1-0.75 is what it is becoming .. in it's simplest form..

where a(1.75-2(r^n)/1-r) is what the formula is becoming... Now if you mechanic peeps can go somewhere from here.. that'd be good..

All I can is it ain't a ordinary Progression question.. and it won't be coming in the paper.

Reaction score
Like I said before. Not everyone has studied physics before, I have never seen a question like this in maths before, apart from mensuration (area/volume formulae) which requires some extent of basic physics knowledge.

Commerce students with S1/S2 will be at a disadvantage with a question like this. that's all that I am saying.

It can't be solved with a simple AP/GP formula. since what we use to calculate terms is a(r^n-1) while in this it becomes 2*a(r^n-1)

while for sum it is Sn=a(1-r^n)/1-r .. For this It can't be used .. No matter how many changes you make.

2(1.75-2(0.75^n)/1-0.75 is what it is becoming .. in it's simplest form..

where a(1.75-2(r^n)/1-r) is what the formula is becoming... Now if you mechanic peeps can go somewhere from here.. that'd be good..

All I can is it ain't a ordinary Progression question.. and it won't be coming in the paper.
ok ... so which day is ur exam ... and at what SPECIFIC time is it ??? i will be talking to you on that day ///

Reaction score
ZdqJMVu.png

winter 2005 paper 7 q 3
plz help....