• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Excuse me sir, but for (iii), how do u know point A is (5,0,0) ?? Why AB times (unit vector 2,-2,1) ??? Why use unit vector? Please do tell me.

Because the scalar product of (5, 0, 0) and the normal to the plane (2, -2, -1) equals 10, hence the point (5, 0, 0) lies on the plane. You can always choose another point if you want to, so long as the scalar product of that point and the normal to the plane equals 10. For example you could use ( 0, -5, 0).

With regards to AB dot unit vector of ( 2,-2,1), this uses the concept of projection vectors, and in this instance, the projection of the vector AB onto the normal of the plane.

Hope this helps. Peace.

Reaction score
With regards to AB dot unit vector of ( 2,-2,1), this uses the concept of projection vectors, and in this instance, the projection of the vector AB onto the normal of the plane.

Hope this helps. Peace.[/quote]

Okay....i kinda get it now about the projection stuff. Thanks alot sir. If u have time, can u help me with ques 10(iii) and 6(i). Here

Attachments

• 9709_s12_qp_32.pdf
    89.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
can sum1 help me wid the q.10)b)ii) pls ??

Attachments

• 9709_s12_qp_33.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
whitecorp sir pls help me out with q.6)ii) and also with 2 doubts dat i hav posted above...pls! :)

Attachments

• 9709_w08_qp_3.pdf
    60.2 KB · Views: 7