• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Tkp

Reaction score
Hey everyone
can anyone work Oct/Nov 2009 paper 1 variant 2 question 10 please!!!
I'm looking for the answer to the question with the angles. Thanks!!!
so u did find the gradient of the two equation so then apply the formula tanx=m.u will get two angles becoz there is 2 gradient so find the difference in angle and thats the answe

Reaction score
so u did find the gradient of the two equation so then apply the formula tanx=m.u will get two angles becoz there is 2 gradient so find the difference in angle and thats the answe
In the formula : tanx=m.u, what is 'u'?

Reaction score
perameter of window = perameter of semi crcle + peramtr of rctngle
8 = 2πr/2 + 2(2r + h)
8= πr + 4r+2h
8 - πr - 4r =2h
(8 - πr - 4r )/2 = h slved

now prt 2

area of window = area of semi crcle + area of rectangle
A = πr^2/2 + 2r*h ..... substitute the vLUE of h here whch was expresse earliear.

that is exactly what i did but the answer in the marking scheme is not that. http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_s04_ms.pdf (question 8(i) and (ii)). so how then do you do it?

Reaction score
the formula you gave what is "m" and "u"? please explain..never seen the formula

Reaction score
hi.. guys do you have some hints about the paper of tomorrow maths p1????
yes... thepaper will consist of 11 questions or even 10. aa question from binomial a question frm functions and a vector question for findng angle will surely come.. be prepared :D ENJOY :D

Reaction score
Who is taking A-level mathematics and who is only taking AS-level and what combinations are you taking