• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The probability of a letter being >12g above the mean is 0.94+(0.06/2)=0.94+0.03=0.97
What u are taking is 0.94 which is the probablity of the letters being within 12g of the mean but what u have to take is the probabality of the letters being MORE than 12g above the mean!
how do u get 0.06??

Reaction score
well this is wat i read smwhere on yahoo answers The class boundaries are found by taking the average of the highest value of one class and the lowest value of the next class

Reaction score
The probability of a letter being >12g above the mean is 0.94+(0.06/2)=0.94+0.03=0.97
What u are taking is 0.94 which is the probablity of the letters being within 12g of the mean but what u have to take is the probabality of the letters being MORE than 12g above the mean!
oh finally! THANKU!

Reaction score
Reaction score
q3.....is easy......draw a probaility distributio table and then bingo....obviously u cant use np here for expevcctation cos its not a binomial case

Reaction score
ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thank u so much now i understood so we use the cc when u need to find the probability of a smaller number in relative to a larger fixed number am I right?

provided u r doing the question in binomial before...

Reaction score
good luck for all of us in achieveing the best marks in today exam, it was normal to easy exam but please no one review here the answers so we don't discover silly mistakes :D

Reaction score
good luck for all of us in achieveing the best marks in today exam, it was normal to easy exam but please no one review here the answers so we don't discover silly mistakes :D

yep i agree... plzzz no discussions. ppr is done now. cant be changed so its no use.:)