• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u know that 0.028 = 0.85r -.82q
the possible values of r is 2 or 3 and for q 3 or 4. try each value for both and ul realize that r=4 and q=2 for the iqr to be 0.028
thanx , so it is just by trial, I mean we don't solve equations or anything?

Reaction score
need to clear my doubt.. when is the time to use lower/upper boundary in normal distribution?? for instance mean=20 P(x>18)
when to standardize I often see like this Z=(18.5-20)/(standard deviation.. hmmm

Reaction score
need to clear my confusion please....when exaclty we use the continuity correction in S1 problems like for example in nov 06 question 5)ii) the mark scheme used the 10 as it is without cc but in june 2011 63 question 5)iii) the mark scheme used the cc......please can u help me in this??

Reaction score
need to clear my doubt.. when is the time to use lower/upper boundary in normal distribution?? for instance mean=20 P(x>18)
when to standardize I often see like this Z=(18.5-20)/(standard deviation.. hmmm
Usually there's the phrase USE a Suitable approximation :)

Reaction score
help me with this plzzz
See. 2 people getting odd numbers froma total of 10 mugs
1st person is who we'll deal with:
can get 1 ,3 ,5 ,7 ,9
Possibilities: 10C1, 10C3, 10C5, 10C7, 10C9
add them up to get total arrangements.

Reaction score
Does anybody here have a Statistics ebook they would not mind sharing? Please? Please?

Reaction score
need to clear my confusion please....when exaclty we use the continuity correction in S1 problems like for example in nov 06 question 5)ii) the mark scheme used the 10 as it is without cc but in june 2011 63 question 5)iii) the mark scheme used the cc......please can u help me in this??
CC usually kicks in when theres a ≥ or <= of some value. :)when theres 'at least' or 'should not be greater than'