• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Math AS question.
How do I solve 1)ii)
I know I should substitute y=2x-(x)sqr but I don't know what next? Please help... :(
As well as 3)ii)

Thanks in advance

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w11_qp_12.pdf

for i) you might have expanded given expression up to 3rd terms
ii) first let y = 2x - x^2
and then use your expanded expression in (i) simplify all terms and then you will find coefficient of x^2

Reactions: Dug
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Math AS question.
How do I solve 1)ii)
I know I should substitute y=2x-(x)sqr but I don't know what next? Please help... :(
As well as 3)ii)

Thanks in advance

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w11_qp_12.pdf

for 3 (ii) Let AB = (1/k) m (Since they are both parallel)
i.e. m = ABk.........(i)
use given position vectors to find AB when p=4
and then find vector m in terms of k with above equation....(i)
u r then given magnitude of m i.e. |m| = 28
use magnitude formula
u will get k=4
now substitute value of k in equation (i)
required vector is then m.
hope u got it

Reaction score
Best of luck to all those who are writing P1 today.
May Allah grant us all success. (in this world and the hereafter) Ameen.
InshaAllah the ppr will be gud. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
tried my best to draw properly:) it will reach infinity

A friend of mine says this...
The negative sign means graph will be inverse and tan(x/2) means 360degrees mein se Tan will have 1 cycle (compared to the usual 2). So we're to make a graph with greatest value of y as 2 and then move the graph 5 units upwards!

Reaction score
A friend of mine says this...
The negative sign means graph will be inverse and tan(x/2) means 360degrees mein se Tan will have 1 cycle (compared to the usual 2). So we're to make a graph with greatest value of y as 2 and then move the graph 5 units upwards!
no the one i drew is right asked my maths teacher too coz when you take x=2 it becomes tan(pie/2) which gives math error on calculator so it will reach infinity before x=pie

Reaction score
no the one i drew is right asked my maths teacher too coz when you take x=2 it becomes tan(pie/2) which gives math error on calculator so it will reach infinity before x=pie
i meant when you take x=pie sorry typing error

Reaction score

Its funny cos I asked my Maths teacher about that method I typed... he says it's right. -_-

Reaction score
Its funny cos I asked my Maths teacher about that method I typed... he says it's right. -_-
if we follow what you wrote then the range of this graph calculated in the previous part of this question that is f(x)<equal to 3 would be wrong too