• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://onlineexamhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/9709_s07_qp_3.pdf

I need help for question 9(ii). I don't get what the examiner report says about finding unit vector k?? :cry:
To find the acute angle, you need to find the normals of the two planes and find the angle between them, from i) we know the normal of the plane ABC, but plane OAB has a normal of (0,0,1) because it's normal is perfectly vertical, it's direction is 1k
Then scalar product: Costheta= (N1.N2)/(|N1||N2|)

Reaction score
If the equation of a curve= 0 the will the equation of the tangent also equal 0?? CAN SOMEONE PLS ANSWER THIS

Reaction score
If the equation of a curve= 0 the will the equation of the tangent also equal 0?? CAN SOMEONE PLS ANSWER THIS
If you equate the equation of the curve to zero you get the solution of the curve
and if you equate the derivate of the equation to zero, you get the stationary point.
If you have a point on the curve, you can use the coordinates of that point and the gradient of the curve at that point to find the equation of the tangent to the curve at that point.

Reaction score
If you equate the equation of the curve to zero you get the solution of the curve
and if you equate the derivate of the equation to zero, you get the stationary point.
If you have a point on the curve, you can use the coordinates of that point and the gradient of the curve at that point to find the equation of the tangent to the curve at that point.
Yea I know.. But will the equation of the tangent also be equal to 0? I saw some qs in which they did that

Reaction score