• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score

There are a lot of ways to solve this..

the easiest will be to do a cross product of both the line's direction vector.. since they lie on the plane.. their perpendicular will be the normal vector of the plane.

the cross product of both direction vectors gives.. (-11,10,7)

that is your plane equation -11i+10j+7k=d

d=r.n take any point on the plane and multiply with normal vector to get the answer. Take the point of intersection you got in part i.
d=(-11,10,7).(7,-1,2)
d=-73

Final equation is

-11i+10j+7k=-73

Reaction score
There are a lot of ways to solve this..

the easiest will be to do a cross product of both the line's direction vector.. since they lie on the plane.. their perpendicular will be the normal vector of the plane.

the cross product of both direction vectors gives.. (-11,10,7)

that is your plane equation -11i+10j+7k=d

d=r.n take any point on the plane and multiply with normal vector to get the answer. Take the point of intersection you got in part i.
d=(-11,10,7).(7,-1,2)
d=-73

Final equation is

-11i+10j+7k=-73
I thought the two lines won't have the same perpendicular since they intersect.
Thanks a lot bro, jazakallah

Reaction score
can anyone help me in this question please i have my exam so please help me
Ques :- The times for a certain car journey have a normal distribution with mean 100 minutes and standard deviation 7 minutes. Journey times are classified as follows: ‘short’ (the shortest 33% of times), ‘long’ (the longest 33% of times), ‘standard’ (the remaining 34% of times).
(i) Find the probability that a randomly chosen car journey takes between 85 and 100 minutes. [3]
(ii) Find the least and greatest times for ‘standard’ journeys. [4]

Reaction score
S010-744x1024.jpg