• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
im sorry A*(a*) actually i was having internet problem frm ystrday
i have sketched the diagram,try to understand it,itallion stallion :)
Thanks a lot!
Just clear my confusions we have a point u= 2+3i,it is given that|z-u|=2 we draw a circle with centre (-2,-3) and radius 2.but if are given arg(z-u)=any angle where will we plot the point u at 2,3 or at -2,-3.i hope u understand what I am trying to ask!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
Just clear my confusions we have a point u= 2+3i,it is given that|z-u|=2 we draw a circle with centre (-2,-3) and radius 2.but if are given arg(z-u)=any angle where will we plot the point u at 2,3 or at -2,-3.i hope u understand what I am trying to ask!
what is u?

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
nop! if we wre to sktch |z-u|=2 center will be (2,3) n the same if arg(z-u) this is to be sketched :) got it?

Reaction score

Not really, Just Draw a diagram. The point will be equidistant from the line.

A= Initial Point
B = Reflected Point

AX = BX

http://puu.sh/8Csz8.png

AB equation will be perpendicular to the line. So Use the gradient of line and -1/m to get the gradient of AB. then solve eqn of line and eqn of AB simultaneously. to get co-ordinates of X.
X is the Midpoint of Points A and B.
Use midpoint formula to get point B.