• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
yeah but in (ii) It's asking about a different equation , not the one i already sketched. and it's for one mark , do i have to sketch that as well?
NO... so u didn't get what I said :p
after the first question .. u found there are 2 solutions for one revolution, (I.e. 0- 2pie) den u find how many of these 0-2pie revolutions are there in 0-20pie ! .. there are 10 of these revolution right ? ... so if one 0-2pie revolution has 2 sol how many does 10 revolutions have ? 20 !!!!

Reaction score
thanks al

Thanks alot :) many thanks :D but can u just tell me when is it necessary for us to double derivate it and put it equal to zero ?

double derivate was not required in this question .... actually double derivate is just used to tell the nature the of the function ... however i wanted minimum vale dy/dx ... take it this way
you have to find minimum value of the function f(x) = 3x^2 -8x +4

You can find it in two ways either express it in (x-h)^2 +k form where k will be the minimum value
or
just derivate the function and equate it to zero to get the x-cordinate of the minimum point .. and then insert that value of x in the minimum value of the function..

it just happend to be that f(x) that we are talking about was dy/dx ... so derivative of that function was double derivative ..

Hope i m clear.. :)

Reaction score
double derivate was not required in this question .... actually double derivate is just used to tell the nature the of the function ... however i wanted minimum vale dy/dx ... take it this way
you have to find minimum value of the function f(x) = 3x^2 -8x +4

You can find it in two ways either express it in (x-h)^2 +k form where k will be the minimum value
or
just derivate the function and equate it to zero to get the x-cordinate of the minimum point .. and then insert that value of x in the minimum value of the function..

it just happend to be that f(x) that we are talking about was dy/dx ... so derivative of that function was double derivative ..

Hope i m clear.. :)

Nature of the stationary point*.

Reaction score
Honestly I don't get it fully.
I get that tanx = ab/bc (duh! :ROFLMAO: )
But further.. not really.
triangle is just used for sin x
AC is calculated by pythagoras theorem

first two part, i recommend yu learn it tan(pi-x) = -tanx and tan(0.5pi-x) = 1/tanx

if yu want to know how ... i would be happy to tell you.. there logic lies in tan graph...

Reaction score
triangle is just used for sin x
AC is calculated by pythagoras theorem

first two part, i recommend yu learn it tan(pi-x) = -tanx and tan(0.5pi-x) = 1/tanx

if yu want to know how ... i would be happy to tell you.. there logic lies in tan graph...

I think I understand tan(pi-x) = -tanx in relation to the graph...
Is it because every pi units the graph is upside down, like at tan(x) it would be going up and at tan(pi-x) it would be going down. Just a logical guess. :p

Reaction score
I think I understand tan(pi-x) = -tanx in relation to the graph...
Is it because every pi units the graph is upside down, like at tan(x) it would be going up and at tan(pi-x) it would be going down. Just a logical guess. :p
ur guess is ryt .. just to be confidence yu can practically try it ...