• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Guys is it sufficient to do past papers and variants from year 2009 to 2012 to get an A ? I am talking about Math As .

Reaction score
Guys is it sufficient to do past papers and variants from year 2009 to 2012 to get an A ? I am talking about Math As .

Nothing is ever enough. You can't guarantee that doing all the papers will get you an A. The main thing in maths is concepts.. If your concepts are clear, you'd get an A.. I'd say if you grasp all the concepts from the past papers and variants .. and you think you can score around 60 or so in P1 then sure..

And most importantly always remember Allah.. and offer prayers.. And surely he will reward you :)

Reaction score
Nothing is ever enough. You can't guarantee that doing all the papers will get you an A. The main thing in maths is concepts.. If your concepts are clear, you'd get an A.. I'd say if you grasp all the concepts from the past papers and variants .. and you think you can score around 60 or so in P1 then sure..

And most importantly always remember Allah.. and offer prayers.. And surely he will reward you :)

You are right , thank youu :) i will incha'allah .

Reaction score
When an equation of a plane and equation of a line is given, how do we determine whether the line intersects the plane or not? I know how to find the point of intersection, but if we're asked to tell whether they intersect or not?

Reaction score
When an equation of a plane and equation of a line is given, how do we determine whether the line intersects the plane or not? I know how to find the point of intersection, but if we're asked to tell whether they intersect or not?
When there is a line and plane there are two possibilities,

either, intersection or parallel

If parallel, then the normal and line have 0 scalar product! If not then intersecting!

Reaction score

iii .. from ii you get... 2(x-2)^2 + 6

meaning minimum point is at (2,6)

so x is 2 when y is minimum..

f(2)= 2(2^2) -8(2) + 14
f(x)≥6 (Since it's the minimum value)

iv.. the smallest value of A for which G has an inverse.. would be the x-cordinate of the minimum point.. A= 2

v)

g^-1(x)= 2(x-2)^2 + 6
y= 2(x-2)^2 + 6
y-6 = 2(x-2)^2
(y-6)/2 = (x-2)^2
√[(y-6)/2] = (x-2)
2+ √[(y-6)/2] = x

g^-1(x) = 2+ √[(x-6)/2]

Reaction score

iii) Since you did ii, the vertex of the graph is (-b, c) as in the equation a(x+b)+k... and since a>0, then the graph is opening upwards, so y is >= (greater or equal) c.
iv) I'm gonna guess that this is the x value of the vertex, because at the vertex, a horizontal line would intersect it only at one point. The inverse of f is a function only when it is a one to one function.
v) Meh dunno really.

Reaction score
iii .. from ii you get... 2(x-2)^2 + 6

meaning minimum point is at (2,6)

so x is 2 when y is minimum..

f(2)= 2(2^2) -8(2) + 14
f(x)≥6 (Since it's the minimum value)

iv.. the smallest value of A for which G has an inverse.. would be the x-cordinate of the minimum point.. A= 2

v)

g^-1(x)= 2(x-2)^2 + 6
y= 2(x-2)^2 + 6
y-6 = 2(x-2)^2
(y-6)/2 = (x-2)^2
√[(y-6)/2] = (x-2)
2+ √[(y-6)/2] = x

g^-1(x) = 2+ √[(x-6)/2]

Brilliant. Much Appreciated Mate :)

Reaction score
Are the graphs of sin inverse, cos inverse and tan inverse a part of the syllabus for Paper 3? Should we know how to make these graphs?