• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
this is so very easy.. al you have to kp in mind that the gradient of tangent is also gradient og curve at aprticular point they meet. curve =9/2x+3
differentiate you will get -9/ (2x+3)^2
since its tangent at A x=3
-9 /( 81)
grad = -1/9
now u make an equation with coords 3,1 and grad = -1/9
then u get eq of line 9y= -x+12
notice that C lies on this line... hence to take out coords of C put x=0 as it lies on the y axis
u will get points (0, 4/3)
now take distance of C (0, 4/3) and O ( 0, 0)
and distance C(0, 4/3) and B (0, 3)
the lesser the distance the closer the points are...
the formula of distance is root of (((x1-x2)^2 +(y1- y2)^2))

Reaction score
I was going through this again and failed to understand something.. does it matter where the curve cuts the x-axis in the final shape? Like in your case, it cuts slightly after π/2..
Well, I usually pay attention to x-axis, and as PANDA- said, easily by replacing y=0, the thing is, i forgot to do that when I replied to you.
To be safe side, do consider the x-axis.

Reaction score
ahahahah i was tensed k i cant solve such an easy questions... actually i have phy practicl on my mind... not my best subject :'(

Reaction score
well i have both practicals and computing on my mind :cry:
but the thing is that i had no phy in alevels ... had it only in o and straight to uni phy, although its not a major... but still
i like phy jab tak practicals na hon -_-

Reaction score
but the thing is that i had no phy in alevels ... had it only in o and straight to uni phy, although its not a major... but still
i like phy jab tak practicals na hon -_-
well it doesnt matter they do teach the basics in uni i guess :/
O are uni practicals hard :/

Reaction score
they arent hard... but u need to have interest and u need to do it to aactually know it xD i used to sit back and enjoy lunch while my group member frends did the wrk :D

Reaction score
and sussenly u have to do the practical all by ur self... seven pac revision in one day not to mention a viva that follows...andi also may have stats viva tommz but stats is bearable at uni level.. cux of so many vivas we have gud practice...

Reaction score
they arent hard... but u need to have interest and u need to do it to aactually know it xD i used to sit back and enjoy lunch while my group member frends did the wrk :D
then i am glad we ha to single practicals the chem practicals seem fun at the start but physics seem borign from first day . sats viva ? o_O

Reaction score
we had alternate to practicals in o levels.. chemistry be love but only till the atps -_-

Reaction score
According to the ms, no. But it would make your graph more accurate I guess.... and it's very simple, just replace y=0 and solve the eqn.
Well, I usually pay attention to x-axis, and as PANDA- said, easily by replacing y=0, the thing is, i forgot to do that when I replied to you.
To be safe side, do consider the x-axis.
So in this case its 1.966 radians => approx. 2/3π ? We just estimate the point on the graph right?

Reaction score
then i am glad we ha to single practicals the chem practicals seem fun at the start but physics seem borign from first day . sats viva ? o_O
hey wat was the frmula of finding acute angel between two tangents?