• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I hope i answered all of the queries...!! if not, sorry..i have my paper tomorrow..though m helping u...!! time to go for me now...bye bye guys..!!

Reaction score
mrpaudel.. i got 3√2 or 3 root 2.. where is another 1/2?? for p 31 complex part 2

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!

June:2010 P33 Q:6 (i) >>>I've found the eqn. given...but i dont know how to show that x lies between 3 and 4. Can someone please help!

JazakAllah Khair!

Reaction score
XPFMember said:
Assalamoalaikum!

June:2010 P33 Q:6 (i) >>>I've found the eqn. given...but i dont know how to show that x lies between 3 and 4. Can someone please help!

JazakAllah Khair!

X+1/lnx -x ...put 3 and 4 in this one...and look at the sign....the sign will change means...!! once it was decreasing and...other time its increasing...thus u have some stationary pt...!!

Reaction score
IgoforA said:
can you post your answer in an image form?? maybe by that, i'll understand.. tq

which one??? i didnt understand which question are u talking bout

Reaction score
i mean....
arg (z - u)= π/4
arg z - arg u= π/4
let, arg u = -π/2
arg z -(-π/2) = π/4
arg z = π/4 - π/2
arg z = -π/4

and i'm stuck until here..

Attachments

• 9709_s11_qp_313.png
    9709_s11_qp_313.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
kamina1 said:
Part.ii and part.iii

m writing A for theta..!!

x=sinA
or, dx/dA=CosA
or, dx=CosA.dA-----------1)

now...substitute dx as CosA.dA.....and put SinA in x......then u will get the result.. put y=0 to find the limit...u will get x=0 and x=1...so put x=0 and 1..in X=sinA....to get A=0 and pi/2............

Sin2A=1-2sin^2A....so in case of Sin4A=SIn2.2A=1-2Sin^2 (2A) which means..Sin^2 (2A)=1-Sin4A/2

Reaction score
IgoforA said:
i mean....
arg (z - u)= π/4
arg z - arg u= π/4
let, arg u = -π/2
arg z -(-π/2) = π/4
arg z = π/4 - π/2
arg z = -π/4

and i'm stuck until here..

well dude, m out somewhere..so no scanner here....!! so paper form not possible for me...!!

well if u ask me..i always do these types of question graphically...so i dont know how to do the way u are doing.....!! so...u better ask others to make clear bout that way....!! if u want my way....this is how i do...!!
make a graph for that argument..!! and least possible value means....distance perpendicular from (0,0) to that line...and..apply ur geometrical knowledge to solve it..!!

Reaction score
to mrpaudel, can you please edit the image...if i'm wrong.. is that the way to represents the complex points?? and solve it for me. tq :sorry:

Attachments

• complex part 2.png
    complex part 2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
for least |Z| ....the line starting from (0,0) and..perpendicular to the red line will b the least one.....!! and..now since...green line makes π/4 with the vertical line..i.e Y axis..means..the line has the equation y=-x...and therefore.....the pt at which green line and red line interest is (1,-1) or (2,-2)...u will know after u see the fair sketch....!! then.....the distance between (0,0) and ( the pt ) can b calculated by distance formula..!!

Attachments

• complex part 2.png
    complex part 2.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 100
Reaction score
how to solve this question..my problem is i don't know how to draw a quadratic graph ( 4x^2-1 )
on a trigonometric scale.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 75
Reaction score
vanithavesna said:
how to solve this question..my problem is i don't know how to draw a quadratic graph ( 4x^2-1 )
on a trigonometric scale.
For quadratic graphs...always find the vertex first....vertex can be calculated by the completed square form...or this formula

vertex =(-b/2a , (4ac-b^2)/4a ) ...where ax^2+bx+c=0 is the quadratic equation...

then....make a table....suppose the x coordinate of the vertex is 2.....put others x values in such a way that those values are right and left of 2...like...u can put 1 0 -1....and..3 4 5..this way....!!

and..for cotx....put the x as 0 pi/6 pi/4 pi/3 pi/2 ...and look at the values of y u get...and plot it...!!