• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Is that formula like a set formula for vector problems!!
If possible can u show how uve substituted them!!
LIke (a-2) x 2 ...im so confused..
please explain in detail!!

Reaction score
M/J 2006 P3 Q 10(ii) link
Can someone explain in details please? If possible please include illustration diagram in ur explaination.
Thx so much.

Reaction score
Solve the following question:

10 The number of birds of a certain species in a forested region is recorded over several years. At time
t years, the number of birds is N, where N is treated as a continuous variable. The variation in the
number of birds is modelled by
dN
dt
=
N(1800 − N)
It is given that N = 300 when t = 0.
(i) Find an expression for N in terms of t. [9]

I can't seem to decompose the fraction into its partial fractions correctly.

Anyone?

Reaction score
hello can anyone help me with june 2008 qs 1.

|x-2| > 3|(2x + 1)| i can't seem to get the answer right.

Reaction score
I have also told you the answer to part (iii). Read what I said again. In part (ii), you're finding the displacement but in part (iii) you need to find the total distance.
Please help me with the following AP questions :
1. Find the sum of all integers from 1 to 200 that are divisible by 7.
2. Find the sum of all integers from 1 to 200 inclusive that are not multiples of 5.
3. Find the sum of all multiples of 5 between 100 and 300 inclusive.
4. In a arithmetic progression of 25 terms, the 10th term is 23 and that the sum of the last 10 terms is 440. find the sum of the first 10 terms.

Thank You :)

Reaction score
MJ06 P3 Q2 i know how to solve it, but i just don't get how we decide on the value of x to be taken in the end. Can someone help me ASAP.

bcoz the right hand result will always be postive. So if value x < -1 is substituted, it will not satify the equation given.
For ex, x = -2
-4 > │-3│
│-3│ is considered as 3. So its not acceptable

Reaction score
bcoz the right hand result will always be postive. So if value x < -1 is substituted, it will not satify the equation given.
For ex, x = -2
-4 > │-3│
│-3│ is considered as 3. So its not acceptable
So do we always subsitute values to decide on which x to take? Because I've asked so many people and everyone's given me different methods that don't work for all the questions. so i really need a method that works with everything

Reaction score
So do we always subsitute values to decide on which x to take? Because I've asked so many people and everyone's given me different methods that don't work for all the questions. so i really need a method that works with everything

On the safer side, just substitute ur answer to the given question to verify ur answer. I use this method...