• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
y didi u say that
u broke my heart yaaaarrr
that is one thing i did not wanna hear
BUT myfrnd gave it in oct nov she got an A which is good in language
though she was not sooo good in urdu!
SO IM HOPING I PROVE U WRONG how was ur ppr
Sorry buddy :)

Reaction score
CHM PAPER 6 doubt
Copper(II) oxide and carbon are both black solids. Copper(II) oxide reacts with dilute sulfuric
acid to form aqueous copper(II) sulfate. Carbon does not react with dilute sulfuric acid.
You are given a mixture of copper(II) oxide and carbon and access to dilute sulfuric acid.
Plan an experiment to investigate the percentage of copper(II) oxide in the mixture.
In which exam was that ??

Reaction score
CHM PAPER 6 doubt
Copper(II) oxide and carbon are both black solids. Copper(II) oxide reacts with dilute sulfuric
acid to form aqueous copper(II) sulfate. Carbon does not react with dilute sulfuric acid.
You are given a mixture of copper(II) oxide and carbon and access to dilute sulfuric acid.
Plan an experiment to investigate the percentage of copper(II) oxide in the mixture.
yeah man this question is messed up..

Reaction score
So i made this really stupid mistake for the last question of p-42, basically the answer was supposed to come in fraction form but intstead of writing 1/3, i wrote 3 and same goes for all the shapes. So i was wondering if i'll get any marks for that question or not :( somebody help pleaseee

Reaction score
CHM PAPER 6 doubt

Procedure (explanation in brackets)
1. Weigh the mixture
2. Add excess sulfuric acid to the mixture (to dissolve the Copper (II) oxide)
3. Filter the mixture (separate solid carbon and copper solution)
4. Rinse the carbon residue with water and dry
5. Weigh the dry carbon
6. % mass of carbon = weight of carbon/weight of mixture x 100%
7. % mass of copper (II) oxide = 100% - answer in part 6

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME.............WITH this question....w10 qp 41 Q7 c(i)................
ANY HELP WUD BE APPRECIATED
Lol, idk if this is the best time to reply, but anyway.

See,

Entire OT = t

OT has two divisions, OQ and QT.

OQ = 2/3 OT
QT = 1/3 OT

OT is t, as given in the question.

So QT = 1/3 OT
... QT = 1/3 t