• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
for

(ii) part u have to look for the ans in the unshaded region. that is the one required. how do we shade? draw a line according to the equation if its only > or < sign draw a dotted line if = or greater/lesser than equals to, than draw a full line :)
so lesser means region under that line is the region required. so all thing above that line shade it because its unwanted. now do same for all equations :3
and then look for different points in the unshaded region and find the biggest point :3
The only line i couldn't draw is "x+2y=40" :/

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips nov.2010!Confused!have questions?Post h

Hello!! :)

well as i always say...sequences are very easy...u dont need these complicated formulas...atleast for IGCSE's ;)so here try to look it through...link the last row with the ones in the beginning...

i tried and finally i realized there's a link with the first row...the one with the heading Diagram!!

if u notice....divide each with the no. in the first row...

u'll get 4, 6 , 8 , 10

so that means to get
n=1 => 4 x 1
n-2 => 6 x 2
n=3 => 8 x 3
so for n=n how is it going to be??
for the sequence 4, 6, 8, 10...the nth term is 2n + 2...this is the simple AP

so substituting in the pattern above
n=n => (2n + 2) x n
is the expression for the nth term...hope u got that clear!! :)

if u still wud want to learn the formulas it's ur wish ....but be sure nt to mess uo the formula :)
Can u tell me the formula?

Reaction score