• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 41370
can anyone tell me how to do this question? mayjune 2012 p21 question 9 (a) & (b)
Part a) you'll place your protractor on point B and put a mark above 67 degrees , then draw a line through the mark and the line AD , C is where this line intersects the line AD .
Part b) Open the compass to any degree and then put it on point B and draw an arc , then put your compass on point A WITH THE SAME DEGREE you used earlier and draw an arc , draw a line from the intersection of the arcs above to the intersection below . Hope this helped you

Reaction score
Part a) you'll place your protractor on point B and put a mark above 67 degrees , then draw a line through the mark and the line AD , C is where this line intersects the line AD .
Part b) Open the compass to any degree and then put it on point B and draw an arc , then put your compass on point A WITH THE SAME DEGREE you used earlier and draw an arc , draw a line from the intersection of the arcs above to the intersection below . Hope this helped you
thank u soo much am still a bit confuse in part a :/

Reaction score
I made stupid mistakes :( First on the Lower and Upper bound. I found the L.B and U.P of 102 instead of finding the L.B and U.B of 8.5 then multiply it by it by 12.
I also made another on the similarity part. What I did was the normal similarity...there was no cube root or anything squared. And finally the last question when I wrote a "C" instead of a dollar. That's like 7 marks lost (90%). Do you think an 85% in paper 4 can give an A* ? Not getting an A* in Maths would be a disaster for :( :(

Reaction score
I made stupid mistakes :( First on the Lower and Upper bound. I found the L.B and U.P of 102 instead of finding the L.B and U.B of 8.5 then multiply it by it by 12.
I also made another on the similarity part. What I did was the normal similarity...there was no cube root or anything squared. And finally the last question when I wrote a "C" instead of a dollar. That's like 7 marks lost (90%). Do you think an 85% in paper 4 can give an A* ? Not getting an A* in Maths would be a disaster for :( :(
wers d dollar in it?? n anyway it was "C"... i confirmed it...b happy :)