• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi! umm im having difficulty solving this question,
The scale of a map is 1: 1000. What are the actual dimensions of a rectangle which appears as 4cm by 3cm on the map? What is the area on the in cm^2? What is the actual area in m^2?
RahatMT, this DiscipleDelta, I'm gonna answer your question...

The actual dimensions of the 4x3 rectangle is 4000x3000; simple conversion.
The area on the map in cm^2 is 4*3=12; simple multiplication.
The actual area in m^2 is 1.2*10^7 or 12000000; you have to square the scale as well.

Be free to ask any questions just as I am, I'll help if I can. Out.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
add maths:
could any of you please solve it.

question: To an observer in a ship sailing due north at 10 km h , a second ship appears to be sailing due east at 24 km/hr . Find the magnitude and direction of the actual velocity of the second ship. (could you draw a diagram and show)

thanks

Reaction score
Please how to solve question 7 (a) for this paper 0584/42/m/j/12 ?
BTW i need it as soon as possible.:)

Reaction score
The wait is over!

www.studyresourcecentre.in has now come up with an amazing opportunity to download these paid resources for FREE. Due,to special requests from people worldwide,we finally decided to make everyone smile J,because Mystudyresource grows with you.Thanks for the support and keep on downloading till the time gets over,Do suggest your peers and friends,it’s a LIMITED TIME opportunity.Do contact us if you are satisfied or want for other subjects!!

It includes materials like:-

· Solved past papers

· Typed precise notes

· Topical Mcq’s

· Sample essay answers

· Case study analysis and explanations…..

AND LOTS MORE……Download at one click from our website..

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hey guys :D
I have a question in set theory , in the part where n(f) and n(AuD) etc comes . How can i know the difference of n in both the cases ? Sometimes n is the number of elements in the set and sometimes it is the sum of the elements in the set ! Thank you in advance :)