• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if the gradient of the given line is m, then the gradient of its perpendicular would be -1/m. Take the common point and use it to find c
uh i do not get it for example if the equation was y= 3x +5 now find the equation of the line thats perpendicular? PLZZZ

Reaction score
uh i do not get it for example if the equation was y= 3x +5 now find the equation of the line thats perpendicular? PLZZZ

if the equation is y=3x+5, then the gradient of this equation is 3. The gradient of the perpendicular would be -1/3, now the midpoint of the line y=3x+5 is needed. I am sure that it is given in the question

Reaction score
Because you have to find the model which i 1/10 solemme teach you a little basics
1/ 10 is in size that the reason it does not have ^2 0r ^3
so the model is the small one so it is 1/10 of whatever the real is; IF REAL IS 10 THEN MODEL IS 10*(1/10) or r-20 then m-20*(1/10) get it??
Now If we are changing AREA which is in square you know that area's are square!!; If real is 100 then Model will be 100*(1/10)^2 And if volume Cube ;If real is 300 then the model will be 300*(1/10)^3
Your question why Dividing From Real to Model is Multiplying
and from Model to real is dividing
sorry dear but i didnt get anythg :/ i never heard of model nd real...can u tell me which topic is it..ill study nd thnx a lot

Reaction score
exact answer is answer that is same as one in mark scheme (answer that is most precise and that is fully correct)
but it is allowed to you to make little mistakes (to round) and your answer usually must be near to decimal
e.g. in mark scheme is 2.88, but your calculator writes 2.88973 you can round last number on 2.89
i think i helped you :)
Please do not follow this advice - it is wrong.

CIE has strict rules about rounding and you will lose marks if you don't follow these rules:

If your answer has fewer digits than the calculator display then this is called an exact answer e.g. 34.456829. Write down all the digits you see and do not round.

If the answer is not exact then round the answer to 3sf. If it is an angle, round to 1dp.

Only follow these rules if the question doesn't tell you what to do. Always read the question carefully because they may tell you how to round your answer.

Reaction score
Hey ,
Can anyone help me ?
1)0580/21/O/N/08 Q 5

2) I dont remember in which paper is this question, but it says :
D,E and X are 2x2 matrices.
I is the identity 2x2 matrix.
i) Simplify DI .
ii) DX=E
Write X in terms of D and E .

3) 0580/21/M/J/08 Q10

4) 0580/22/M/J/10 Q17 C

Tomorrow is my MJ22 exam ! thats why i'm having a lot of questions

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hey ,
Can anyone help me ?
1)0580/21/O/N/08 Q 5

i) Simplify DI .
ii) DX=E

3) 0580/21/M/J/08 Q10

4) 0580/22/M/J/10 Q17 C

Thanks in advance
can you please put links of these papers it is very easier for us :)

Reaction score
Hey ,
Can anyone help me ?
1)0580/21/O/N/08 Q 5

i) Simplify DI .
ii) DX=E

3) 0580/21/M/J/08 Q10

4) 0580/22/M/J/10 Q17 C

Thanks in advance
2) Have you tried using tracing paper. The locus is the path that D moves as it is rotated.

This is an arc centre B, radius BD.

2) I've never seen this question in IGCSE and it doesn't really seem like a modern IGCSE question. I can help you with it if I can see the paper first.

3) 'The glass can be filled with water from the jar exactly 216 times.' This means that the volume factor = 216.

Scale factor = cube root(volume factor) = cube root (216) = 6. Multiply the radius and height of the glass by the scale factor (6) to find the height and radius of the jar.

4) Q17 only has parts a) and b). There's no part c).

Reaction score
r u 1000000% sure.. have my exam tmw.. and m gonna freak if it comes
It's not part of the syllabus so if it does come up, they will have to explain the method in the question. It will be part of the new syllabus starting 2015.

I'm 98% sure that it won't come up in the exam tomorrow :)