• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
GUYZ WHICH CALCULATOR IS NOT PROHIBITED IN 0580 IGCSE MATHEMATICS ?? WHICH CALCULATOR SHOULD I USE ?
NEED HELP! PLZ REPLY ASAP.... :(:(

Reaction score
Can someone plz help me. Im having trubl with may/june 2003 paper 2 Q18a. Id really appreciate your help. Thank you

Reaction score
Can someone plz help me. Im having trubl with may/june 2003 paper 2 Q18a. Id really appreciate your help. Thank you
Use a scale to measure the length of AB in the diagram
then:

Actual : Map
10000 cm : (whatever is the length of AB in the diagram)

Simplify to get the value of n! :)

Reaction score
May June 2008 question 10/8/20

May June 2006 question 22 AND 23

Oct/nov 2006 question 5/13

Oct/nov 2007 question 21/16

May June 2009 question 3/6and 8/11 part b

plz kindly some one help
in may june 06 part 22 u just need to use similar shaps rules for example u use 5/4 = 5+4/p and same thing for other sides

Reaction score
GUYZ WHICH CALCULATOR IS NOT PROHIBITED IN 0580 IGCSE MATHEMATICS ?? WHICH CALCULATOR SHOULD I USE ?
NEED HELP! PLZ REPLY ASAP.... :(:(
u can use any calculator which isn't graphical and does not have a facillity for symbolic algebra and calculus, and does not have a data bank n external connection facillities like blue tooth...

Reaction score
Hey! I have transformation questions:
1) How do we we know which is the object and image in this: B maps on to D
2) S.F=Object/Image or Image/Object
And lastly which questions (related to which topic) come always? any guesses for this year's IGCSE 0580 paper?

Reaction score
Hey! I have transformation questions:
1) How do we we know which is the object and image in this: B maps on to D
2) S.F=Object/Image or Image/Object
And lastly which questions (related to which topic) come always? any guesses for this year's IGCSE 0580 paper?
1) B is the object and D is the image. The one after "ON TO" is always the image. And the other one is the object :) Because, D seems to have FORMED!
2)
Shear:
Scale factor = (point moved)/distance of object from the invariant line

Stretch:
Scale factor: distance of image from invariant line/distance of object from invariant line

Guess papers are discussed here:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/guess-papers.13420/

Reaction score

Assalam u Alaikum

It is mentioned that line AB is 100meters.
First, you have to measure the length of line AB using a rule, let's say x cm.

You have to simplify them into their lowest form, but the unites aren't same. Either convert the cm in meter by dividing by 100 or convert the meters into cm by multiplying by 100. I personally prefer the latter. Now you have x:10000.

Simplify till you get x as 1 and then you have n. :)

Hope it helped.
I am appearing for May/June 2012 for six subjects and I didn't prepare for any but Physics. Please pray. :)

Reaction score
oct/nov 2008 paper 2 questions 5 :) it ask for locus of a point from a rectangle after it has been rotated 90 clockwise please help me :D