• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Help--Available Here--Any Question

ok. There are so many forms of maths in IGCSE e.g international maths, additional mathematics, maths with coursework. What is the difference b/w dem and how many of dese cn a person give in one session?

u can give all of them in one session if there is any clash they will give u extra time to solve the paper

Reaction score
q no 12...i did not understand ..i luked up at mark scheme ..but dat did not help me...
n q no 13 (c) ...i think the mark schem is wrong http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/index.php?dir=Cambridge IGCSE/0580 - Mathematics/&file=0580_w09_qp_11.pdf thx :)

u hv to make its net diagram (means u jst open it into a flat piece nd draw its diagram on d given space!). in d space given, 1 box represents 1 cm^2 (1 cm by 1 cm). The prism has 3 sides with the length of 7 cm. the rectangle already made marks d prisms base and exactly same rectangles r to b made on top and botom of dis rectangle. In d prism, d 3 sides r linked together by 2 triangles on deir sides. Dese triangles also have to b made on d space! The most accurate method is to use a compass to make an arc with 4 cm each (and d width of the given rectangle is to b used as d triangles base). Dis forms an equilateral triangle (4 cm each side) on d side. Repeat dis method wid d other side and ur answer iz complete!

as fer d oder 1....
NO, d mark scheme iz correct. d answer iz (2, -2)!
HOW? from G, u go back 2 blocks and den go down 7 blocks to get ur answer!!

HOPE I HELPED!!

Reaction score
can u help me with Q 12 .....the 1st part of the sum 1) find set of values of k for which the equation f(x)=3 has no real roots

Reaction score
hey, i cant seem to figure out this question from the igcse maths book extended. its on chapter 9 matrices and transformation

"the image of point (m,n) is the point (11,7). Find the values of m and n"

can anyone please help? thank you :)

Reaction score
hey, i cant seem to figure out this question from the igcse maths book extended. its on chapter 9 matrices and transformation

"the image of point (m,n) is the point (11,7). Find the values of m and n"

can anyone please help? thank you :)
Can u xactly mention da exercise?

Reaction score
okay, so here is what they gave:

The image (x',y') of a point (x,y) under a transformation is given by
vector (x',y') = matrix (3 0 1 -2 ) . vector (x,y) + vector (2,5)
y' 1 -2 y 5
(a) find the coordinates of the imgae of the point (4,3) . => this part i could figure out but i didn't get (b)

(b) The image of the point (m,n) is the point (11,7). Write down two equations involving m and n and hence find the values of m and n.

thanks so much!

Reaction score
okay, so here is what they gave:

The image (x',y') of a point (x,y) under a transformation is given by
vector (x',y') = matrix (3 0 1 -2 ) . vector (x,y) + vector (2,5)
y' 1 -2 y 5
(a) find the coordinates of the imgae of the point (4,3) . => this part i could figure out but i didn't get (b)

(b) The image of the point (m,n) is the point (11,7). Write down two equations involving m and n and hence find the values of m and n.

thanks so much!
It says da image of da point (m,n) is (11,7) which means (x',y') = (11,7)
So, (11 7)=(3 0 1 -2)(m n)+(2 5)
(11 7)-(2 5)=(3 0 1 -2)(m n)
(9 2)=(3m x-2y)
equarion 1--> 3m=9
m=3
equation 2--> m-2n=2
3-2n=2
-2n=-1
n=1/2

Reaction score
It says da image of da point (m,n) is (11,7) which means (x',y') = (11,7)
So, (11 7)=(3 0 1 -2)(m n)+(2 5)
(11 7)-(2 5)=(3 0 1 -2)(m n)
(9 2)=(3m x-2y)
equarion 1--> 3m=9
m=3
equation 2--> m-2n=2
3-2n=2
-2n=-1
n=1/2
oh, i got it now! thank you! :D