• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
masterex567 Please explain the last one again yaar please!! Can't understand!!

a hexagon is made of 6 equilateral triangles. if you get the area of 1 of these 6 equilateral triangles, you will find out that it is indeed equal to the shaded area of the whole triangle shown in the paper.
You had to assume that it was equal to 1/6 of these 6 equilateral triangles

Reaction score
Need help in these questions

1) may june 13 v.42 Q.4 (d), Q.9 (b) ii , Q.11 (d) iii
question 4.
they are asking for MAJOR arc AC, which spans from A to C CLOCKWISE. Now if MOB is 39, OBN is also 39. Also AOM is 39 and ONC is 39. So angle AOC will be 360 - 4 * 39. Now calculate arc length using (360-4*39) as the angle.
9 b ii
now first of all the volume of the water in bucket which is 12 litre is responsible for the 5 mm height.
So we know volume of something is the cross sectional area * height.
Hence 12000 cm3 (converted from litres to cm3) = pi*r^2 * 0.5 (converted 5mm to cm). Use simple algebra to find r, as 87.4. Now it should be correct to nearest cm so answer is 87.

11 d iii
Now since these are similar triangles they have equal angles, and in previous part we calculated the angle as 18.4 degrees.
Now to make a whole circle of 360 degrees, we can find how many of these angles can be drawn to make 360 degrees by 360/18.4, which is 19.
Now one 18.4 degree angle makes 1 triangle, hence makes P1, P2, P3. etc. So similarly it will make "19" which we calculated triangles as (n-1) on diagram.
n-1 = 19 so n = 20.

Reaction score
a hexagon is made of 6 equilateral triangles. if you get the area of 1 of these 6 equilateral triangles, you will find out that it is indeed equal to the shaded area of the whole triangle shown in the paper.
You had to assume that it was equal to 1/6 of these 6 equilateral triangles
ooh thank you so much dude!!

Reaction score
question 4.
they are asking for MAJOR arc AC, which spans from A to C CLOCKWISE. Now if MOB is 39, OBN is also 39. Also AOM is 39 and ONC is 39. So angle AOC will be 360 - 4 * 39. Now calculate arc length using (360-4*39) as the angle.
9 b ii
now first of all the volume of the water in bucket which is 12 litre is responsible for the 5 mm height.
So we know volume of something is the cross sectional area * height.
Hence 12000 cm3 (converted from litres to cm3) = pi*r^2 * 0.5 (converted 5mm to cm). Use simple algebra to find r, as 87.4. Now it should be correct to nearest cm so answer is 87.

11 d iii
Now since these are similar triangles they have equal angles, and in previous part we calculated the angle as 18.4 degrees.
Now to make a whole circle of 360 degrees, we can find how many of these angles can be drawn to make 360 degrees by 360/18.4, which is 19.
Now one 18.4 degree angle makes 1 triangle, hence makes P1, P2, P3. etc. So similarly it will make "19" which we calculated triangles as (n-1) on diagram.
n-1 = 19 so n = 20.
Whoa! .. Thanks man... (y)
best of luck for ur exam...In Shah Allah we all will get A*;)

Reaction score
Guys I am not able to understand the mark scheme....0580/43/m/j/13 ques 3c(i) can someone send me the worked out answer please

Reaction score
Guys I am not able to understand the mark scheme....0580/43/m/j/13 ques 3c(i) can someone send me the worked out answer please
oh man its a graph
hhhhh take it as a rule m scheme cant help with graphs....
Just try to your furthest extent to be sure of your work.....

Reaction score
What's the minimum mark required for grade column for? Like for paper 2 out of 70 it's 55 for example for A.
Does that mean if you get below 55 in that paper you can't get an A as final grade?

Reaction score
What's the minimum mark required for grade column for? Like for paper 2 out of 70 it's 55 for example for A.
Does that mean if you get below 55 in that paper you can't get an A as final grade?
I don't now but currently answer my prev question regarding Inequality please man!!

Reaction score
Frm what I've heard u should get 88% out of 200 to get A* (as per 14 grade threshold)
now matter if u do bad in p.2 but good in p4 or vice versa. .