• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Everybody Best Of Luck with ur exams :D (y)(y):ROFLMAO:
My prayers are with u all out there :) May Allah give u all success with A*s and Distinctions :)
I'm sorry if i by mistake didnt answer anyones or forgot to answer anyones question :sick:
Remember me in ur dua :LOL:
Best of Luck to all (y):D:);)

Reaction score
cn any1 plz ans thx quick ................:sick:View attachment 41302
Alright here goes.

First of all part a) is asking you to convert from kilometres per hour to metres per second.

1 kilometre= 1000 metres.
144 kilometres = 140 x 1000 = 144,000 metres

now convert the hours to seconds.

1 hour = 60 minutes. 1 minute = 60 seconds.

So 60 minutes = 60 x 60 seconds = 3600 seconds.

144,000 / 3600 seconds = 40 metres / second.

Now for part b), it's basically asking you how long it will take for <--------------------------> to pass <------>

The train is 120 "metres", but the speed it is traveling at is in kilometres/hour.

You already converted the speed in part a) the speed the train is traveling at is 40 m/s.

Speed = Distance / Time
Time = Distance / Speed
Distance = Speed x Time

We need to find the time taken for it to pass the bridge which is 20m, So use the time formula.

Your distance to cover is the length of the train + the width of the bridge. That's the total distance.

Distance = 120 + 20 = 140

The speed at which it's traveling at is 40 m/s.

So Time = 140 / 40 = 3.5 seconds.

Hope that helped.

Reaction score
thanx but can u plz explain the first part like always to find column vector we do this and last part i couldn't get it
ya d first part is wat u do always for the column vector..n d last part if d ques askd "find AC" den d answer wld have been (18, 12) but as dey have askd d coradinates of C which will b AC plus A b'coz for point C u'll have 2 start counting d points from A... so it will b AC+coordinates of A...did u gt it?? Actually i'm really bad @ explaining stuff especially dis way...sooo sry if it dint help...i tried my best :)

Reaction score
Alright here goes.

First of all part a) is asking you to convert from kilometres per hour to metres per second.

1 kilometre= 1000 metres.
144 kilometres = 140 x 1000 = 144,000 metres

now convert the hours to seconds.

1 hour = 60 minutes. 1 minute = 60 seconds.

So 60 minutes = 60 x 60 seconds = 3600 seconds.

144,000 / 3600 seconds = 40 metres / second.

Now for part b), it's basically asking you how long it will take for <--------------------------> to pass <------>

The train is 120 "metres", but the speed it is traveling at is in kilometres/hour.

You already converted the speed in part a) the speed the train is traveling at is 40 m/s.

Speed = Distance / Time
Time = Distance / Speed
Distance = Speed x Time

We need to find the time taken for it to pass the bridge which is 20m, So use the time formula.

Your distance to cover is the length of the train + the width of the bridge. That's the total distance.

Distance = 120 + 20 = 140

The speed at which it's traveling at is 40 m/s.

So Time = 140 / 40 = 3.5 seconds.

Hope that helped.
thnx

Reaction score
ok best of luck everyone for ur exam 2mrw...Insha Allah will pray dt everyone here does it well n plz do remeber me in ur duas too :)
The ppr will Insha Allah b easy.... just do ur best and leave the rest to Allah...He will not disappoint u :)
MATH PAPER 22!!! HERE WE COME!! :)