• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 38916

Can anyone solve just (iii) and (iv)??
I need the anwser immediately!
[email protected]

for iii
(6/9)*(5/8)*(6/10)*(5/9)

Since there is no replacement the number decreases, and since the events are not mutual (they all have to be white) we need to multiply.

for iv, you calculate the probability of having the same colour for both black and white and then you minus them from one.
so 1 - ( (3/9)*(2/8)*(4/10)*(3/9) )

Last edited:
Reaction score

i) The coordinates of A are (x,0) and the coordinates of B are (0,y)
First substitute the coordinates of A in y=3x-6. this will give you
0=3x-6
6=3x
x=2

then substitute the coordinates of B
y=3(0)-6
y=-6

therefore A is (2,0) and B is (0,-6)

ii) you know the A and B coordinates so use the formula for distance between two points to find the length of AB

iii) similarly use the formula for mid point to find the coordinates of M

Reaction score
I wanted to ask,if I want to give maths in this oct/nov will I be able to prepare it properly?Without any hurry?

Reaction score
I wanted to ask,if I want to give maths in this oct/nov will I be able to prepare it properly?Without any hurry?

Will you be starting from scratch because if yes, then you won't be able to prepare for it in less than an year. However, it also depends on how dedicated you are and whether you are a quick learner.

Reaction score
No im not starting from scratch Ive studied previously also,btw how much time does it take to finish the whole one book?

Reaction score
No im not starting from scratch Ive studied previously also,btw how much time does it take to finish the whole one book?
could you just do me an another favour
it's silly but ,.......
heyy!!
if you can tell me how to do it
question 11,15,16,18 ,19,21,23 & 26 in the file that i attached!!!
thanks
sry i m late... is there any question left tht u didnt undestand?