• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHEMATICS PAPER 1 Discussion

Reaction score
Depletion said:
alay said:
does anyone remember their answer to the question abt the integer coordinates in the triangle?

(4,4) ???idno
yeah..its right
100 % :D :) ;) :( :eek: :shock: :? :cool: :lol: :x :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :p :| :ugeek: :geek: :geek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
usama1993 said:
Depletion said:
alay said:
does anyone remember their answer to the question abt the integer coordinates in the triangle?

(4,4) ???idno
yeah..its right
100 % :D :) ;) :( :eek: :shock: :? :cool: :lol: :x :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :p :| :ugeek: :geek: :geek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cool..feel good when u know dat ur answer is correct na!!!...
xD

Reaction score
Depletion said:
usama1993 said:
Depletion said:
mayB w've got differen papers.. but mine is in which the angle inside the sector was 80 and that outside was 40...
so i agree withe pals??
:
:
dnt u worry maybe uve done a different paper!!
which country r u ???
are there different papers within pakistan too ???????

mayB>..
because in my paper..!(from mauritius)..the unit (Rs) was used for money!!...
so without any doubt cambridge has set different type papers but mostly of the same questions in different countries!!!
correct me if im wrong!!!

no. Whats your x degree. The one before the question on radius. Mine was 80 degree. I dont think cambridge changes the value!or they will have a hard time marking. Was the total length of the wire 60cm? I am from brunei darussalam.

Reaction score
No. For us atleast, the x degrees was 80. And the length of the wire was 85 cm. We got different papers i guess.

Reaction score
I agree past paper practice is helpful in exam preparation but saying that solving at least 10 or 12 past papers is necessary wont be quite right. It actually depends on the student how much info/technique he/she is able to derive from solving past papers. :) Good Luck everyone!

Reaction score
z last answer was 8.5cm.. btw wat abt z answer for the speed-time graph.. the last part??

Reaction score
usama1993 said:
Depletion said:
alay said:

(4,4) ???idno
yeah..its right

i wrote (4,4) without any written calculations,, marks will be deducted????? :ugeek:

Reaction score
bamteck said:
@ Heshna ;; It was a parallelogram !

Yea that's the Answer! :)

The aggregate "1" means a disntinction [A]

it was actually a trapezium...since some points were said to be collinear...
but if they do not take the next part of the question into consideration...then both parallelogram and trapezium are correct...

Reaction score
yep..my guess too...
but still those who have put parallelogram may be awarded their mark... since the fact that E and A was collinear was mentioned in the next part...

Reaction score
Nishii4 said:
marks will be deducted????? :ugeek:

In P1, even if you have done the calculations wrong or if you have not shown any calculations, marks will be awarded if you put the right answer in the answer field.. Even if it`s a 2 point question. But if you wrote a wrong answer in the answer field, then the examiner will check your calculations and see whether the way you were trying to get the answer is good. Then if it`s good you`ll be awarded mark(s) depending on how good the way you were trying to get the answer was.

Reaction score
heyyy guys a trapezium has at least one pair of parallel sides whereas a parallelogram has 2 pairs of parallel sides.....therefore a trapezium is NOT a parallelogram but a parallelogram is a trapezium.....:p:p