• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics AS Edexcel :)

Reaction score
Hello :) I'm new here :)
Could you please help me out? So, I've come to know that Mathematics Edexcel AS has both Statistics and Mechanics curriculums . I wanted to know, If I applied for both, Mechanics and Statistics, would they be considered as two different AS subjects. Like when I apply to University , Would theyconsider them as 2 different subjects?
Thanks xx

Reaction score
Hello :) I'm new here :)
Could you please help me out? So, I've come to know that Mathematics Edexcel AS has both Statistics and Mechanics curriculums . I wanted to know, If I applied for both, Mechanics and Statistics, would they be considered as two different AS subjects. Like when I apply to University , Would theyconsider them as 2 different subjects?
Thanks xx
no. actually its c1 c2 m1 s1 etc units that makes ur mathematics subject. i guess statistics is in A2 and mechanics is in AS. when u accomplish these 6 units in ur A levels (AS and A2) then it will be considered as 1 subjects maths by the unis.

Reaction score
For GCE A-LEVEL Mathematics (Edexcel)

In AS - C1 and C2 are compulsory units, and S1 / M1 / D1 are optional (either one of them).

Furthermore, in A2 -- C3 and C4 are compulsory units.

Then you can either go for S1 / M1 / D1 (either one of them WHICH YOU DIDNT appear for in AS)

OR you for example, if you went for S1 in AS, you can go for S2.. Similarly if you went with M1 in AS then you can go for M2. likewise.. with D1 and D2.

atleast 6 units are needed for your edexcel a level math qualification - All Cores Units are compulsory (C1,C2,C3,C4 etc) ... Others optional, as per your liking.

Note: This is not for people who are studying Pure Mathematics.

Last edited: