• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics 9709 paper 12 how was it with you?

Reaction score
Ok i just did the exam and i found it pretty pretty tough it almost raped all of my colleagues.. And we're about 40.. so what about u fellas?? :%)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No discussion allowed within 24 hours!
Thank you!
Come tomorrow and have fun discussing it ;)

msk

Reaction score
Ok its not tommorow now :D
Yeah paper was a lil difficult...the ap/gp question was a lil tricky! i guess the most difficult paper in history becasue p1 is mostly strait forward!

Reaction score
Ok its tomorrow now and can we discuss?
I found the paper Pretty easy ....the only Q i am dought ful is the question askig to find the position vector of D i a parallelogram ABCD....
I did with the vector AB and DC are equal .
.so OB-OA= OC-OD..and thus found OD....is this a valid mathod...?

Reaction score
diwash...yeah...its the same way..u got it correct....thats the way to solve that one...i was unable to do the sector question...n i m regretin now..!! I find paper little tough compared to papers of other years...though will get an A for sure..no worries..!!

Reaction score
Thanks dude....ya the sector Q was little bit tricky...but i was able to solve it..to get the answer 12.1 cm...it seems i have done all the Q Correctly..lets see hope to get 70+
and what about the graph part i have done it on the answer sheet itself...will that be regarded correct? As from earlier marking scheme and examiner reports..i have learned that it only the Sape of the graph and the range of the graph is taken into consideration and it does not matter where u draw....

Reaction score
yep it was tough bcoz of which i could not complete whole paper on time may b ill score around 50-60 :oops:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Tomorrow as in.. 24 hours after the paper!

msk

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Tomorrow as in.. 24 hours after the paper!

I know the policy is due to the Time zones differences but cmon man i guess by now all the papers are done..! so we should be allowed to discuss! :p

Reaction score
diwash said:
I found the paper Pretty easy ....the only Q i am dought ful is the question askig to find the position vector of D i a parallelogram ABCD....

I FOUND IT BY THE MIDPOINT METHOD...IT WAS EASY.
PAPER WAS VERY TIME CONSUMING I MUST SAY.....WHAT WAS BINOMIAL EXPANSION

Reaction score
ks136 said:
diwash said:

I FOUND IT BY THE MIDPOINT METHOD...IT WAS EASY.
PAPER WAS VERY TIME CONSUMING I MUST SAY.....WHAT WAS BINOMIAL EXPANSION

well wat i did was OA + AD (AD=BC, since parallelogram) So OA + BC ...and i checked my answers with quiet a few students and found it to be correct:)

Reaction score
Does anyone remember question No 6? what was the coordinates of C? and what was the distance AC"??1.41 or 3.58?

Reaction score
farhan29 said:
Does anyone remember question No 6? what was the coordinates of C? and what was the distance AC"??1.41 or 3.58?

dont remember ...what were ur coordinates :pardon:

Reaction score
sort of yes..because in here everybody is giving me a different answer so i think i forgot mine. So wanted to be sure:)

Reaction score
I solved all correctly but I was so nervous yesterday that I forgot to write reason why I took the limit between 16 and 0 for the integration of last question volume of revolution. Will I lose marks?

Reaction score
ManishAdhikari said:
I solved all correctly but I was so nervous yesterday that I forgot to write reason why I took the limit between 16 and 0 for the integration of last question volume of revolution. Will I lose marks?

no...not at all