• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math C1 and M1 doubts: Post here :)

Reaction score
ive been doing whatever my teacher gives me...she takes the front cover off so that I can't check the markscheme (to cheat) and then she marks them....so i've done like 6 or 7 from different years... including some that i printed off for myself like 09/10 papers....don't u remember which mark u got in each paper?
:LOL: awesome teacher (y) (considering i have none :()
WOW! great!
well.... i dont have a record sadly :( i just remeber dat dey were above 90 for pre-09 papers :)
wbu??
btw.... cld we discuss sum hard questions here?? it will help us both i guess... IF ur free :)

Reaction score
well i have been getting 90-99% for the last few papers..this was my first 100% which is quite relieving. no teacher? why? Is there anything that ur stuck on for m1 because im pretty sure i will be of no help.
my skool only allows to do 3 subjects so m doing maths privately :)
ahan! CONGRATS :D:D:D
:LOL: m usually stuck wid vector questions....

Reaction score
oh? my school doesn't mind if u do 4 subjects for A2 and 5 for AS - they cater for 5 for AS and 4 for A2 i think.

howz the physics/chemistry and biology goin? all edexcel? what units are u doing? preparation?

Im doin bio and chem as well as maths.. (dropped AS-physics with a decent A - teacher was very disappointed but oh well...i told him that it would be too much work for A2 (main reason was i cudnt be asked to do it)) got bio/chem unit 5 exam in june and c4 too

vectors? hmmm....if u got 90+ then how can vectors be a prob? what vector question are u stuck on?
oh! lucky! m da only "abnormal" one in my skool :p

okay i guess... yup all edexcel ;) all the unit 5s and unit 8s :)

ahan! hows bio? i think my bio is pretty bad :oops:

well.... i feel i dunno but then the questions usually cum out ryt...........................after i've spent 10 mins on dem =/

Reaction score
lol ur not abnormal just talented at a range of subjects.

Unit 8s??? we have unit 1,2,3 (AS-level) and 4,5,6 (A2 level) and thats it...what is unit 8? lol

bio....not that good.....pretty awful at the moment....got the article to read etc..too much work and chemistry is pretty bad too....soo much to learn....

hmmm....basically wen i see a VERY hard vectors question...i try and find the easiest route and think of it as a graphical image in my head and when i combine everything with the formulae then it comes out fine... if ur getting them right..then no worries..taking long on a question is also good because u spent more time on it meaning u probably got it right (as you went over it so thoroughly)
:LOL:

i mean unit 6 as u prob call it :) (but its acctually 8 :))

same here :( tho chemistry is fine ;)

ahan! nyc trick! i shuld try it! thanks! Jazakallah!
yeah i guess.... ur very encouraging ^_^
(acctually i was gonna drop mechanics, but den i decided 2 weeks back 2 do it neway so m in a bit of a mess atm :()

Reaction score
isnt ur mechanics part of your whole mathematics grade? like isnt it 1 subject? and well...
unit 6? well...we have had our practical exams in school..and they are out of 14 and i got some 14/14 and some 11 or 12 out of 14 but yh have u read the bio article?

r u on for an A* in bio/chem/physics.....? because an A* in any of them is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

hope the trick works...i think it will help Insha Allah! im encouraging? GREAT!

MESS? u seem like ur going to get 90+ :)
yes! but i thot i'll leave it at AS :)
oh! ur in UK ryt? we need to do the ATPs
AWESOME (y)

i dunno :( m working to try for 1 in chem cuz i LOVE chemistry n i want it :p
wbu?

Inshallah it wil :)

M1 is fine... hopefully well IA! (if the papers r lyk da past ones :p) but M2 is a total mess >.<
n u seem 2 be going for a Centum :D

Reaction score
@article... i read it! its kinda..............boring n wierd i felt :p
but, no option i guess...
tho its short n easier dan before i think :)

Reaction score
oh ok...hmmm..if u loved chemistry soo much..i would have advised you to leave maths and put all ur effort to getting like 95%+ overall average in Chemistry meaning a high A*. what is the ATPs? We are doin a bio article (sooo long and extremely boring)

for chemistry do u do an exam paper for unit 6? (isnt it unit 6 because on the edexcel website it says unit 6) or like a practical exam where its not actually in an exam hall but in a science laboratory?

im guessing u got all A's for chem/physics/ bio?

centum? well i guess so...need to get into uni and well....long story short..i didnt get a place this year....and so need to do really well for when i reapply (its pretty bad once u get 4 universities saying "rejection pre-interview" so..didnt even get into the interview stages)
:LOL: i SHOULD.... but sum reasons....
true ur advice is ryt but i need to do all unfortunately.

nopes! its done on paper for external centers :)

yes Alhamdulillah! :) wbu??

aawwhhh! u'll do it Inshallah :) dont worry :)

Reaction score
yeah i got As in chemistry/bio but one of unit grades for each was a B (sis wedding time) and well yeah..AS-level all As and in january exams were A's too Alhadmulilah

so to get an A* i needa get extremely high on both papers for unit 5 (as well as unit 6)

oh ok..ur unit 6 is different to mine..we did a "paper" but it was in a science laboratory and we had to jus carry out the practical and observe results etc....and deduce things from them...and some caluclations too...

Insha Allah I will get a place....medicine is not so easy to get into..from my first experience...
ahan! well (y) mine were all As tho... n except for the C4 Jan exams were As as well Alhamdulilah :)

the A2 aggregate needs to be over 90% ryt??
m sure u'll do it Inshallah :)

yes its differnt... u ppl r lucky :p

INshallah! m trying for both medicine n engineering... its VERY hard... plus here prefernce is given to the locals i guess :)

Reaction score
Nice! what were ur unit results for chem/bio (if u dont mind me asking)? and nice for january (forgt c4 jus a small hiccup)

i think so..not sure for the A* - need to atleast reach an A first i think...before i think about the A* and i think u will probz get 3A*s and 1A (if maths doesnt go too well)

yh we are slightly lucky i guess.....

medicine and engineering? i mean dont u only get to choose 1? we get 1 option and thats it....5 unis (since med is so popular u can choose 4 and choose a related degree as a 5th choice) looong story though....

im sure with your grades u could do either med or eng
sure! umm... bio was 117, 118, 57, 101 (unit 1, 2 , 3, 4)
physics.. 103, 118, 56, 104
chem.. 114, 115,58, 110
wat abt urs?

ahan! nyc! (y) i dunno wat to expect :(

no i meant i might do either medicine OR engineering (tho seems it'l be med)
yeah i know da UK system pretty well ;) know quite a few ppl dere :)

Reaction score
oh ok, mine arent great so dont laugh :)

bio: 108, 91,52,103
chem: 110,86,56,98
physics (AS) - 101,113,60

so u can see where i flopped...maths well....i think i wrote those UMS b4..

oh choose medicine i think (no bias - lol nah actually complete bias)

thats good that u know the UK system..i have no clue about any other system other than UK
they're nyc Mashallah :) (y)

ahan! yeah u did ;)

:LOL: i guess dats wat its gonna be :p

well... i go 2 a multi-cultural skool so i need to know :p

Reaction score
Thanks..YOUR RESULTS ARE EPIC.....they are apocalyptically high! ... i mean chemistry...ur results are awesome..

they are similar to my bro results (he is at uni now - he did physics/chemistry/maths/further maths/ economics (AS-level))

skool is multi-cultural but i have no idea..lol
ty SO much! :) i hope dey are as good dis tym as well.....
urs were good too :)

ahan! :) Mashallah :)

oh! i see :) its alright ;)