• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math and ICT :(

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
After the June 2012 results, I've decided to repeat Math and ICT, I got an A in both but my college requires an A*, so I'm repeating them in November! And I would really like some tips to improve my grade as I thought I did my best In the May/June session! So if you guys have any tips or notes that are useful please share them! Thank you in advance <3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
After the June 2012 results, I've decided to repeat Math and ICT, I got an A in both but my college requires an A*, so I'm repeating them in November! And I would really like some tips to improve my grade as I thought I did my best In the May/June session! So if you guys have any tips or notes that are useful please share them! Thank you in advance <3

For ICT just try to focus on your weak points in the practicals since they're the hardest, especially spreadsheets and HTML (for me personally). Practice lots of past papers! The theory part isn't that hard as long as you cover the entire syllabus thoroughly since a lot of the questions match the format of past paper questions. For the practicals, do as many as you can find, that's basically what I did to land an A*.

I did Edexcel math so I don't know if it's the same as yours or not. Try a couple of past papers under timed conditions, and for the questions that you didn't get try to focus on them or ask a teacher/tutor if you still can't figure it out. If there's any past paper question you can't solve, you NEED to ask someone to explain it to you because you never know if something similar might pop up in the exam. Also, don't study long periods every day, just start early and do 1-2 hours every day of math, because it's frankly a boring subject (well for me at least) and take 10 minute breaks every half hour or so in order to keep yourself focused and retain as much information as you read. I only started revising math 2 weeks before the exam and still got an A* somehow, which was definitely unexpected! Anyway, just try to balance your studies with your personal life and don't stress yourself out if you can't figure something out by yourself, good luck :)

Reaction score
For ICT just try to focus on your weak points in the practicals since they're the hardest, especially spreadsheets and HTML (for me personally). Practice lots of past papers! The theory part isn't that hard as long as you cover the entire syllabus thoroughly since a lot of the questions match the format of past paper questions. For the practicals, do as many as you can find, that's basically what I did to land an A*.

I did Edexcel math so I don't know if it's the same as yours or not. Try a couple of past papers under timed conditions, and for the questions that you didn't get try to focus on them or ask a teacher/tutor if you still can't figure it out. If there's any past paper question you can't solve, you NEED to ask someone to explain it to you because you never know if something similar might pop up in the exam. Also, don't study long periods every day, just start early and do 1-2 hours every day of math, because it's frankly a boring subject (well for me at least) and take 10 minute breaks every half hour or so in order to keep yourself focused and retain as much information as you read. I only started revising math 2 weeks before the exam and still got an A* somehow, which was definitely unexpected! Anyway, just try to balance your studies with your personal life and don't stress yourself out if you can't figure something out by yourself, good luck :)
Thank youu so much! In ICT actually I thought I got an A* because I did so well even when I checked with my teacher so I was surprised, guess the examiner was a bit rough! Anyway thank you for the advice and Inshallah this trial I'll get an A*! Btw your result is great Mashallah!

Reaction score
Thank youu so much! In ICT actually I thought I got an A* because I did so well even when I checked with my teacher so I was surprised, guess the examiner was a bit rough! Anyway thank you for the advice and Inshallah this trial I'll get an A*! Btw your result is great Mashallah!

Thank you :) no problem if you need help with anything else just ask.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i am giving my igcse exams in oct/nov 2012,do mj and on 12 cum d similar
coz mj12 dint have any labels or summary!!!!!!
and can u recommend wich pst papers shuld i solve for ict for pracs and theory both
plzzzz reply me asap

Reaction score
I AM GIVING my uct exam in ovt/nov ,could u plzzz recommend wich year papers shuld i solve???plzz be specific (don't say solve all the past papers)plzzz reply for pracs i am asking????
thanx in advance!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I AM GIVING my uct exam in ovt/nov ,could u plzzz recommend wich year papers shuld i solve???plzz be specific (don't say solve all the past papers)plzzz reply for pracs i am asking????
thanx in advance!

Reaction score
REMEMBER: maths is all about shortcuts not the stupid long methods shown in the books provided by schools.
check out ur weak points n try to find out vqarious patterns n techniques thatll help u in the questions n then try to solve them...
that is how i got an A* in my m/j 12 boards