• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

marking query

Reaction score
I just wanted to know about a query. For example in pak studies there are 2 components worth of 75 marks. for component 1 the a grade starts frm 57 and I score 70. But as for the second component the least for a grade is 47 but I score 42 having b grade in this component . What will be my final grade.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just wanted to know about a query. For example in pak studies there are 2 components worth of 75 marks. for component 1 the a grade starts frm 57 and I score 70. But as for the second component the least for a grade is 47 but I score 42 having b grade in this component . What will be my final grade.
AOA!
I think it will be like both your components marks will be added, and then it will be seen what are your final marks. There is no A* at component level: it is given on the whole of a subject. So, as you said, let's suppose you get 70/75 in 1 and 42/75 in 2. So both your marks will be added: 70 + 42 = 112
If these are above the threshold for A or A* or whichever, you will get that grade.
I have attached a file which includes the grade thresholds for O-Level Pak studies May/June 2014 and Oct/Nov 2014, to clarify what I mean. :)
P.S the method which I told you about: I THINK it is like this... I am not 100% sure... maybe about 85% sure. ;):p

EDIT: The two Oct/Nov 2014 files are the same... just uploaded two of them by mistake... ;)

Attachments

• 2059_w14_gt.pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2059_s14_gt.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2059_w14_gt.pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
AOA!
I think it will be like both your components marks will be added, and then it will be seen what are your final marks. There is no A* at component level: it is given on the whole of a subject. So, as you said, let's suppose you get 70/75 in 1 and 42/75 in 2. So both your marks will be added: 70 + 42 = 112
If these are above the threshold for A or A* or whichever, you will get that grade.
I have attached a file which includes the grade thresholds for O-Level Pak studies May/June 2014 and Oct/Nov 2014, to clarify what I mean. :)
P.S the method which I told you about: I THINK it is like this... I am not 100% sure... maybe about 85% sure. ;):p

EDIT: The two Oct/Nov 2014 files are the same... just uploaded two of them by mistake... ;)

I dont think so those are the REAL grade threshold because olevel grade threshold are never updated and also 113/150 for A* is just too low

Reaction score
I dont think so those are the REAL grade threshold because olevel grade threshold are never updated and also 113/150 for A* is just too low
AOA!
But they are REAL imo... and they do fall that low.... if the paper is very difficult or due to other factors.... I know it seems unbelievable, but it is what it is. :)

Reaction score
And by the way, they are updated I think... the CIE just doesn't publish them for the public... but it is intending to do so for the 2014 papers...

Reaction score

You will get A or A*, definitely.
It depends on the grade threshold though.