• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1 ON 13 MAY ,WHO HAS THE BEST PREPATION,Post your doubts here?

Reaction score
Guyz help me with the M1,Specially with the General motion in a straight line and forces?

Reaction score
For the first part
The question tells you that there is a force of 12 N acting on the block and becuase it's a frictional force,it acts towards the right.
So this is the only force acting on the object and you know that F=ma and since a is 0.15 the acceleration -0.8
From this you know that U=3 t=2 and a =-0.8
then you can calculate V which gives you a vaalue of 1.4
So now you know that the block loses 7.2 Joules of energy so find the Kinetic energy loss at Y subtract this from 0.072 and find the value of V when it leaves.
I think you shold be able to go on from here>
Hope you understand
Good luck

Reaction score
For the first part
The question tells you that there is a force of 12 N acting on the block and becuase it's a frictional force,it acts towards the right.
So this is the only force acting on the object and you know that F=ma and since a is 0.15 the acceleration -0.8
From this you know that U=3 t=2 and a =-0.8
then you can calculate V which gives you a vaalue of 1.4
So now you know that the block loses 7.2 Joules of energy so find the Kinetic energy loss at Y subtract this from 0.072 and find the value of V when it leaves.
I think you shold be able to go on from here>
Hope you understand
Good luck
I have done this too
but what about the graph....
Please help

Reaction score
For part one my graph looked something like this with V on the y axis and T on the x axis

I think ur graph is wrong, because after collision the motion is towards a direction opposite to the initial motion. therefore, the velocity becomes negative, i think the graph shud be this:

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
can someone pleas tell me what is the work energy equation
and how does it link p.e, k.e, work done against resistance and work done by driving force

Reaction score
can someone pleas tell me what is the work energy equation
and how does it link p.e, k.e, work done against resistance and work done by driving force
POTENTIAL ENERGY =mgh
Kinetic Energy=1/2 mv^2
Total Energy=Potential Energy+Kinetic Energy
Loss in Potential =Gain in Kinetic or viceversa
Work done by driving force=F S
Workdone by Resistance force=R S (R IS THE Resistance force can be calculated form F-R=ma)
other Equations can be made according to the situation given?

Reaction score
Someone please explain to me Question no. 2 from May-June 2012-Paper 42. I have a serious problem in my concept and need a thorough explanation. And also question 4 and 5! Please guys.

If possible upload a podcast here (like explain it in and record your voice and send here)!!!

Please guys. In total chaotic situation right now :(