• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1 mechanics edexcel modular exam

how was your paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
are you sure wasnt it 2 marks for the acceleration and more marks for the previous question ?
it was 2 for acc and 4 for the previous uggh i did a stupid mistake in calculating motorcycle time calculatino error :/ and i did a calculation error in finding T and in the pulley question THe moment question really made me nervous :p

Reaction score
it was 2 for acc and 4 for the previous uggh i did a stupid mistake in calculating motorcycle time calculatino error :/ and i did a calculation error in finding T and in the pulley question THe moment question really made me nervous :p
as far as i remember from my answers and the answers that are posted so far i have only the acceleration of the motorcycle wrong
i doubted my answers for the vector's last part question but if the answers posted (0.5 s and 2/3 s) then my answers for that question are correct

Reaction score
it was one hell of a goddamn effing hard exam. It was my worst m1 exam ever

Reaction score
guys for moments question if part a was wrong will i get ecf for b and how much approxmatly will i lose out of 14?

Reaction score
how do they convert the mark to percnt?
do they use a graph for it ? or they just calculate it
lets say am expecting a 70 out of 75 in this exam
how much do i get as a percent ? approximately ?

Reaction score
are you sure ? since the paper was hard doesnt it change ?
man those silly mistakes are so ukhh unbearable :/
No it does change, In May/June 2011 session, Minimum A grade wuz 60 out of 75.
But in May/June 2012, da Minimum A grade jumped up to 66 out of 75
So it varies and hopefully da curve will be steeper this session

Reaction score
Can someone plz answer me:
for the moment question, u have to form 2 equations to find the mass and solve it simultaneously, but i made a mistake in one of them,so does that mean that i am goin to lose all 8 marks plus the 6 marks question to find AX?
I think it was quite an easy paper..i just don't know why i screwed up the moment question..
frown.png