• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS RESULT TENSION>>>HELP

Reaction score
YRA i m in a lot of tension.I gave Lums admission test in Feb...both Lcat and SSE/my sse went good bt my LCAt didnt(eng part gone wrong)>...Today i called Lums...and they said urs is still pending and ull have to wait another 2 weeks...rejections have started coming from Lums....please guys help me that whether there r chances in me getting accepted or rejected becuz July is 2 late

Reaction score
THANKU LORD ALLAH FR REDUCINH MY TENSION>>>>I HAVE BEEN ON WAITING LIST____CMEON 1st week of JULY>>>PLZ ALLAH GET ME ACCEPTED

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
THANKU LORD ALLAH FR REDUCINH MY TENSION>>>>I HAVE BEEN ON WAITING LIST____CMEON 1st week of JULY>>>PLZ ALLAH GET ME ACCEPTED
Inshallah u will get accepted !!! :)

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:

what were your Olevel gradeS?

Reaction score
my O levels grades were 5 As(pak studies,isl,chem,bio,ohy) and 3 Bs(urdu,eng and math)....and my AS grades were 1 A(math),2 Bs(phy and chem)...Guys out of 100,how much chance do i have in getting into lums considering the fact that many do not go their due to xpenses and many parents do not send their girls to hostels

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
my O levels grades were 5 As(pak studies,isl,chem,bio,ohy) and 3 Bs(urdu,eng and math)....and my AS grades were 1 A(math),2 Bs(phy and chem)...Guys out of 100,how much chance do i have in getting into lums considering the fact that many do not go their due to xpenses and many parents do not send their girls to hostels
I think you can get Admission into LUMS !! and Inshallah you will !! :)

Reaction score
guys WAT IS DA MEANING OF TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW ........????

I GOT A MAIL 4RM LUMS!

DOES THT MEAN VIA TELEPHONE??

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
guys WAT IS DA MEANING OF TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW ........????

I GOT A MAIL 4RM LUMS!

DOES THT MEAN VIA TELEPHONE??
As far as I know I think it is via Telephone or maybe Video Conferencing yet you should contact LUMS and see what they mean !!

Reaction score
Salman,u r the best yra,u have given me such a great mental boost.may allah be please with u...bt please can u please with some rational points running in ur brain and listening with others...how do u feel i will make it to lums

Reaction score
HarisShahzad said:
Salman,u r the best yra,u have given me such a great mental boost.may allah be please with u...bt please can u please with some rational points running in ur brain and listening with others...how do u feel i will make it to lums
Thank you very much brother !! Ok as far as I know and the grades you told in your CIE are totally acceptable for LUMS !! My friends brother got B,B,C in his A levels and yet made it up to LUMS !! and furthermore when you enter in the pending list you have mostly 10% chances of getting Rejected and 90% chance of getting an admission so I think you will Inshallah be amongst the 90% !! :)

Reaction score
I had an interview too, i hope they liked me... can't say anything, cuz i haven't got any reply yet...

Reaction score
Thanks mate,
I had the interview on 5th of june, and yes, i applied for SSE.
What about you...?

Reaction score
i also applied for SSE!!!

so r u going to LUMS?? or are u planning to go elsewhere?

it took them almost a month to reply to you!!

tht means i will get maybe end of july!!

wt wr ur alevel grades?

Reaction score
Yes, i am going to LUMS, and i won't be applying anywhere else. I had 7 A's, 1 B in my O levels and 1 A, 2 B's in A Levels.
Maybe they liked my O level grades, cuz they all of them were quite high. i think my A level grades are just about average so that wouldn't have impressed them. And because my test went quite well, i think i had a good score in the entrance test, that would have helped too. And i attached all the certificates for extracurricular activities and wrote a personal statement as well, i think the admissions depend on a multitude of factors, and therefore, its not just the grades that matter.
I would have applied elsewhere but i don't want to study from Fsc books, and even if i try very hard, i don't think i'd be prepared enough.

i'm sure you'll get admitted too, keep your hopes high. :)
btw, how was your interview...?

Reaction score
my interview was more like an interrogation !!.
xcept 4 few blunders it went quite well. altho it was my 1st interview in pak!

i got 4 A* 1 A 3 B;S in olevel. and 4 A;S in AS LEVEL. i filled all da sections and also wrote a very convincing personal statement! (thank God i wrote da P.S at 1st i thought tht wouldnt be necessary)
i also cannot believe tht their is so much competition !! i mean they just started SSE IN 2008!!

Reaction score
thanx inshallah .....

atm i am preparing 4 da entry test and OMG THOSE FSC BOOKS !!....they r terrible !!! i dont think i can MEMORIZE MATHS!!!

ALL THOSE IDENTITIES(dont think those easy peasy alevel ones) N STUFF!!!

Reaction score
My interview was more like a chit-chat, and i was quite at ease... I was expecting them to be very mean, but they turned out to be the nicest people and very humane =)
And at the end of the interview, i was very happy, because i couldn't really think of anything stupid that i had said.
I think the interview might not be the only factor that counts for/against admission into LUMS, so unless you really screwed up, i don't think it's going to present any problems.
and, you have very nice grades, actually quite better than mine... so, technically speaking, you SHOULD be admitted.
Just hope that your interview went well. It did, considering what you just said... ''xcept 4 few blunders it went quite well.''