• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LGS Johar Town or Beacon House ALGC? Better school? Your experience?

Reaction score
I'm looking up schools for A Levels and am torn between LGS JT and ALGC.
I've heard that LGS JT's A Level program is very strict and like a 'jail', and that you can't leave before three or four and that stuff. If you have two classes in a day, you still have to stay for the whole school time, and so you find it difficult to get to academies. In short, you lose your life. And then there are some teachers like this senior Maths sir who doesn't teach properly. Is this true?
As for ALGC, what about their faculty and academic standards? University admissions?
Help would be appreciated. How do these two schools compare?

Reaction score
HI
I am in A1 of algc
I had option of joining lgs jt with full scholrship bt i didnt bcoz of Nerdy atmosphere there plus no girls :D ....jt undoubtedly has great faculty but algc isnt bad too.........like we have reknown ppl like sir warraich in chemistry, sir tahir mushtaq in phy, shameel khalid and taimur bandey in business group, etc
plus u can leave after ur classes r over and come when ur classes start, along with that our principal is an ideal what a student needs, plus societies to go with it and good enough competition with other students in the class if u r up for it
but only a problem is that our campus isnt big as others have,............so probably u can visit before deciding

Reaction score
and plus discipline is quite under control.........i havent witnessed 1 fight till i joined in September 2012
and yes university admission are gud and carrer counsellors are always there to guide u

Reaction score
I'm looking up schools for A Levels and am torn between LGS JT and ALGC.
I've heard that LGS JT's A Level program is very strict and like a 'jail', and that you can't leave before three or four and that stuff. If you have two classes in a day, you still have to stay for the whole school time, and so you find it difficult to get to academies. In short, you lose your life. And then there are some teachers like this senior Maths sir who doesn't teach properly. Is this true?
As for ALGC, what about their faculty and academic standards? University admissions?
Help would be appreciated. How do these two schools compare?

LGS JT's Alevels Programme is the one of the best in Lahore. Each year scores of students get accepted in foreign universities and the guidance councellers are experts in getting you into Universities like Princeton , Stanford etc. The faculty is good , but some teachers are better than others. The co-curricular programme is i think the best. There are numerous competitions for students to take part in , and every competition that JT organises is a success. Facilities are adequately provided .

Yes every thing you've heard is correct. JT is very strict when it comes to discipline. But you get used to it .

Reaction score
You shouldn't use such crude language to descride other institutions.
Its reality. I have seen how desperate JT boys are, best example is LGS drama fest, worst management ever with desparado boys. LOL

Reaction score
Basic is.if u r nerd and only want to study.jt is simply the best
but if u want to enjoy and study tooo......algc a jao

Reaction score
If you want to make something of yourself, then LGS JT. It has one of the most renown A'level programme and faculty and has a track record of producing amazing result, offering the best extra-curricular activities and sending students to top universities. And the thing about it being a jail is not true. You are free to exit school premises after 12 and can return when it's time for your class. And no, you can easily get flexible timings if you have two classes. You don't have to stay all day.
And you ALGC trash should stop making assumptions about institutions you've never been to and have no knowledge of. LGS JT produces men, not the sissy bW0iX for which schools like ALGC are known.

Reaction score
If you want to make something of yourself, then LGS JT. It has one of the most renown A'level programme and faculty and has a track record of producing amazing result, offering the best extra-curricular activities and sending students to top universities. And the thing about it being a jail is not true. You are free to exit school premises after 12 and can return when it's time for your class. And no, you can easily get flexible timings if you have two classes. You don't have to stay all day.
And you ALGC trash should stop making assumptions about institutions you've never been to and have no knowledge of. LGS JT produces men, not the sissy bW0iX for which schools like ALGC are known.
A school filled with nerds and desperate boys= LGS JT, enough said.

Reaction score
A school filled with nerds and desperate boys= LGS JT, enough said.
haha. I agree with you.
but let's not fight here, shall we. Let the person choose whatever he wants to choose

but yes. in JT you would lose your life. In ALGC you'll study and enjoy life too.

Reaction score

Haha, alright. I'll keep JT as my first preference since it's closer to my home and I don't care whether or not it's a nerdy school or not. As long as it's good, I hope I get into it. :) And the more I read the comments from ALGC people here, the more I think I'll like JT. Any school that can piss off other institutes so much, thumbs up.

Reaction score
JT without question. Their record speaks for itself. The Strictness cultivates your personality as well.