• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Wrap up Pakistan Studies and Islamiat, those who are appearing in May/June 2014 session

Reaction score
Q9. Why was Nehru Report Criticized?

1. Congress did not approve for separate electorate for muslims, and the one third seats in the central assembly for muslims.
2.Nehru report wanted unitary form of government with a strong centre whereas muslims wanted a loose federation with maximum provincial autonomy
3. ??

Anyone there?

3) it was criticised by the muslims bcz they were asked to make to many sacrifices.
4) bcz all the ammendments made by jinnah in the nehru report were rejected by the congress and he was also heckeled by many congress men.

yeh theek hain:p

Reaction score
Q 10. Why were Jinnah's fourteen points important? /7

1.As the British were going to give a new constitution, Jinnah's 14 points provided a base for muslims to put their demands it that constitution.
2. It gave a strong reply to the nehru report, which was greatly against the muslims interests.
3. It made the British realize that Hindu and muslims are two saperate Nations.

Sai he bhai ye?
Iska mujhe pakka nai he...

Reaction score

1.As the British were going to give a new constitution, Jinnah's 14 points provided a base for muslims to put their demands it that constitution.
2. It gave a strong reply to the nehru report, which was greatly against the muslims interests.

Sai he bhai ye?
Iska mujhe pakka nai he...

4. they were the first major demands made by the ML to the british and any further discussions by the muslims with the british on the future of india were to be on its basis.:p

Reaction score
Q9. Why was Nehru Report Criticized? /7

1. Congress did not approve for separate electorate for muslims, and the one third seats in the central assembly for muslims.
2.Nehru report wanted unitary form of government with a strong centre whereas muslims wanted a loose federation with maximum provincial autonomy.
3) it was criticised by the muslims bcz they were asked to make to many sacrifices.
4) bcz all the ammendments made by jinnah in the nehru report were rejected by the congress and he was also heckeled by many congress men.

Done..:)

Reaction score

4. they were the first major demands made by the ML to the british and any further discussions by the muslims with the british on the future of india were to be on its basis.

Here it is..:)

Reaction score
6. Why was there so much opposition to the Government of India Act 1935? /7
8.Why were there 3 RTC's held between 1930 and 1932? /7
10.Why were Jinnah's fourteen points important?
12.Why did Congress criticize Simon Commision report?
13.Why was RTC organized?
15.Why was Gandhi Irwin pact contracted?
16.Why was Gandhi Irwin pact important?
19.Why was GOIA 1935 presented?
24.Why congress didnt partcipate in first rtc?

Reaction score
24.Why congress didnt partcipate in first rtc?

a)there was no guarantee that anything agreed in the talks would be implemented.
b) congress was not satisfied with the report of the simmon commission and wanted to show opposition to it rather than discussing its proposals.
c) bcz it wanted to show its political importance by making sure that no progress could be made without its interference.

check karo plzz....3rd point ka pakka nai hai mujhe!!!:p:p

Reaction score

a) bcz british were successful to bring congress to the 2nd rtc.
b) bcz most of the congressmen were released from prison, and the non-cooperation movenment was ended by gandhi and his men.
c) all the indian property siezed by the british govt. was returned back to the indians.

aur batao. agar hon tou!!!:p:p

Reaction score
15.Why was Gandhi Irwin pact contracted? /7

1. To convince Gandhi to attend the 2nd RTC as No work on the constitution of India without the participation of Congress.
2.As an attempt to restore the good relations with Congress, by releasing their prisoners and giving back the lands of Congressmen which were confiscated by the Government.
3. To convince Gandhi to stop the Non-co-operation movement.

Reaction score
12.Why did Congress criticize Simon Commision report?

Ye reh gai hn bus..:p

Reaction score

a) to present the final report of the RTCs and declare a constitution for india.
b) GOIA 1935 was presented bcz the previous constitution of 1919 was opposed by all the local people in india.
c) it was presented bcz the indians were asking for concessions to be made for them and the british wanted to pass a new law that was sattisfactory for all the population of india.
d) the british had to pass a new law bcz there was so much revolutionary activity within india and the law and order situation had detoriated rapidly, thus the british had to pass a new constitution to restore law and order situation and suppress all the anti-govt. activity in the country.

check plz!!!:p

Reaction score
12.Why did Congress criticize Simon Commision report? /7

1.As it had no Indian in the committee.
2. it hurt the pride of congress.. who saw it as an insult of India. As comeone else was going to consider the situation it their motherland.
3. ??

Reaction score

a) to present the final report of the RTCs and declare a constitution for india.
b) GOIA 1935 was presented bcz the previous constitution of 1919 was opposed by all the local people in india.
c) it was presented bcz the indians were asking for concessions to be made for them and the british wanted to pass a new law that was sattisfactory for all the population of india.
d) the british had to pass a new law bcz there was so much revolutionary activity within india and the law and order situation had detoriated rapidly, thus the british had to pass a new constitution to restore law and order situation and suppress all the anti-govt. activity in the country.

check plz!!!:p

e.) To set a base for any future constitutions that would be presented..

I guess this maybe included.. (im not sure.) And Im not sure about your (c) and (d) :p

Reaction score

Yeh reh gai buss..:p

Reaction score

a) bcz british were successful to bring congress to the 2nd rtc.
b) bcz most of the congressmen were released from prison, and the non-cooperation movenment was ended by gandhi and his men.
c) all the indian property siezed by the british govt. was returned back to the indians.

aur batao. agar hon tou!!!:p:p

Maybe yeh bhi ho..
d) This pact brought the Non Co-operation of Congress to an end..

Reaction score
12.Why did Congress criticize Simon Commision report? /7

1.As it had no Indian in the committee.
2. it hurt the pride of congress.. who saw it as an insult of India. As comeone else was going to consider the situation it their motherland.
3. ??
3.it was criticised bcz the congress was now calling for complete independence, while there was no major concession made for the indians in the report.

dekh lo shayad!!:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Q 20. Why didn'tt ML do well in 1937 elections? /7

1.The ML was not United at the time of these elections.
2.The party was not familiar about the ways to contest elections.
3.The League had an image problem, as its leaders were seen as aristocrats and princes.
4 Not much Muslims were literate and many were very poor.

Check it yarr..

Can u explain the 1st point please? ML not united? o_O

Reaction score
I want help with two of the questions, both relating to the Bengal partition.
Q1: Why Bengal was partitioned in 1906?
A1: (i) large population
(ii) clamp down the nationalist ideas (Bal Gangadhar Tilak)
(iii) to gain support of Muslim population in east Bengal

I am not sure about the (iii) reason. Is this reason wrong? My teacher says that instead of this reason, it should be the large area. But I think the reasons large area & large population are over-lapping.

Q2: Why was partition of Bengal reversed?
A2: (i) Hindu reaction
(ii) Swadeshi Movement
(iii) assassination attempt of future viceroy

Are these reasons correct?

Reaction score
I want help with two of the questions, both relating to the Bengal partition.
Q1: Why Bengal was partitioned in 1906?
A1: (i) large population
(ii) clamp down the nationalist ideas (Bal Gangadhar Tilak)
(iii) to gain support of Muslim population in east Bengal

I am not sure about the (iii) reason. Is this reason wrong? My teacher says that instead of this reason, it should be the large area. But I think the reasons large area & large population are over-lapping.

Q2: Why was partition of Bengal reversed?
A2: (i) Hindu reaction
(ii) Swadeshi Movement
(iii) assassination attempt of future viceroy

Are these reasons correct?

Well for the 1st question..
your 1st and 2nd points are correct..:)
This question came in 2012..

In the marking key besides your two reasons it was included that 'Muslims saw it as a favor of British by granting muslims a muslim majority province.. while the Hindus saw it as an attempt by British working on their Divide and Rule policy.. I too dont know how is that a reason for the partition of Bengal.. But it was stated as i Quoted.
And it is wrong saying that British did the partition to favor muslims Particularly.. Because It is said nowhere.. It is only said that Muslims "saw" it.. or Hindus "saw" it..
No one knows what their actual intention was..:p